style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3612 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

About 16 - 18 months ago we had a tenant in our flat, which was all good to begin with, however after he left (which was on very bad terms as he didn't pay his last 2 months) we started receiving debt collection letters and telephone calls... each one I gave his forwarding address and telephone number saying that he no longer lives here... however, they're all coming back again.

I can't help but feel that he's giving our address and using our address on new applications.

Legally is there anything I can do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Write to the credit reference agencies and disassociate your address from him.

Let the police know that you believe that he may be using your address to obtain money by fraud.

About 16 - 18 months ago we had a tenant in our flat, which was all good to begin with, however after he left (which was on very bad terms as he didn't pay his last 2 months) we started receiving debt collection letters and telephone calls... each one I gave his forwarding address and telephone number saying that he no longer lives here... however, they're all coming back again.

I can't help but feel that he's giving our address and using our address on new applications.

Legally is there anything I can do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Don't think there is much you can do

Mark any letters addressed to the previous tenant,"left this address return to sender" pop them in a post box next time you go out,no stamp needed.

Royal mail by law have to return any undelivered (unopened) letters to the sender.

Anyone phones you about your previous tenant,just tell them tenant left and you cant help them anymore.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I've been doing exactly what you said since he moved out, they keep coming back to me stating that he's not responding to letters and telephone calls. My only other avenue I've to explore is to report the offending companies for harrasment

Write to the credit reference agencies and disassociate your address from him.

Let the police know that you believe that he may be using your address to obtain money by fraud.

That sounds like a great idea, we disallow anonymous phone calls on our landline so we can track down the companies that refuse to identify themselves. Thanks!