Cabot, what they upto checkin my credit file? i have no accounts with them,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got an alert from my credit monitoring service i get free with my bank account

Just done a check and Cabot were looking at my credit file a few days ago

I have lots of accounts in dispute and all has been pretty quiet for a while, however i dont have any accounts that are with Cabots, so are cabots now checking out credit files before taking on/purchasing alledged debts?

Also is it just me or have the creditors been a lot quieter since judge wakesman ruling, maybe they dont want to rock the boat to much and are just relieved thousands of cases that could have cost em dearly are no longer in the court system, so are concentrating most of their efforts on those who are unaware of the cca laws? or is that wishfull thinking,?

Lowels have recently thrown the towel in, they bought one of my alledged debts from barclaycard, one letter from me explaining account was in dispute as no cca provided in past cca request , a few weeks later, they wrote back confirming the cca no longer exsisted and said they were closing the file

DB

Edited by dizzyblonde1966

Barclays do this type of account. There's a monthly fee, but you get mobile phone insurance, ID theft insurance and RAC membership together with other little perks. Well worth it (for me anyway)

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

PSThese bandits are NOT supposed top be allowed to search a CRF just because they feel like it. A complaint to the CRA and Information Commissioner may be in order

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

They have most likely purchased a debt and are preparing to contact you. They don't just pick a name at random from the phone book and run a search on it. There will be a reason behind this and I am sure in the next few weeks you will find out why.

Edited by ashmk
Typo

Sadly, true, happened to me a couple of months' ago.

Lloyds do it to, free travel insurance, ID Theft, Credit monitoring, AA coverage and a few I have forgotten costs £17 per month for the Account, but if you use all those mentoned, then well worth it (if you can get the account of course!!):|

• 2 weeks later...

What a surprise, got a letter today and an assignment notice from Cabots,

they have bought my alledged citi financial debt

In any event citi havnt been able to provide the cca in the past, nothing, not even an application form,

Cabots letter is worded very nice,in fact the most polite dca letter ive ever received,maybe they have realised after looking at my credit file, that its already a lost cause ,so taking the nicey nicey approach in the hope i will give them something,

Going to send in a cca request to cabots see if they can produce anything that even resembles a cca ;-)

DB x

Edited by dizzyblonde1966