Cruise ship in a storm

Guest Jason King
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Jason King
Guest Jason King
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/tourism-leisure-industries/news/article.cfm?c_id=95&objectid=10673248

77 people were injured*. Ah ah ah, funny, not.

*Although according to the Mail, it was only 42. Go figure. :razz:

Good Lord, you have certainly woken up with a bee in your bonnet! Keep off the gin, it doesn't agree with you.

It is hilarious, I love it. People falling over has been a comedy staple since the dawn of time which is why a show like You've Been Framed has run for 25 years or so.

But then some of us prefer Stephen Fry.

I don't drink. :rolleyes:

And no bee in my bonnet at all, I dislike people making fun of other people's misery! If no-one had been hurt, then it might amuse me at a basic level, then again I stopped laughing at people slipping on banana skins since I was about 10. But when i heard it on the news the other day, and we're talking of people sustaining things like knee injuries, which can handicap someone for a very long time if not for life, then it loses any appeal whatsoever.

Incidentally, I like Stephen Fry more for his amazing intelligence and erudition and sensitivity than for his comic material (QI excepted, which contains all of the above, and Blackadder which as has been mentioned isn't written by him).

I found it shocking. If the impacts might have been wadds of tissue I may have found it amuzing, but I doubt having chairs and tables etc coming at you from both sides would be funny. I can imagine some very serious injuries being sustained. I always laugh at things that I'd laugh at if it was me it was happening to. As a very (and I mean very) daft and accident prone pup this gives me quite a lot of scope, but I doubt I'd be laughing if I was at the centre of this. We do however all have different senses of humour, and what I find funny others obviously may not.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz: