Nat West sold my debt without a credit agreement.

noonakai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd really like to know where I stand on the following issue: I had a loan with Nat West. I disputed some of their charges and instead of investigating my case they attempted a whole host of tricks to prevaricate and avoid dealing with this.

Consequently I stood my ground. Consequently my charges and arrears accrued.

I then asked Nat West for a copy of the credit agreement which they had to admit they could not find. Despite this, they sold my debt over to an agency, Apex, who conducted themselves in a very rude and generally dubious manner.

I wrote to them informing them that I knew they had taken on a debt without having the contract and have not heard from them for a few weeks.

I am hoping against hope thay by selling my debt over without knowing where the contract was Nat West have forfeited the right to chase for it and by buying the debt without a contract Apex have forfeited the right to chase too.

Could anybody advise me on this? Cheers!

Thanks for this advice. I was hoping (against hope?) that Nat West might have commited some kind of procedural offence by passing my details over without having a contract and so even if they find one later it's too late for them (and Apex).

But yes, will write to Apex asking for credit agreement. Thanks.

I would send apex a letter telling them that the account is in dispute with Natwest.

If you have requested the CCA and have not received one then send this letter

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

• 3 weeks later...

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this - I followed the advice from previous posts and wrote a letter requesting my credit agreement and enclosing a pound payment as I have been advised to do. Apex did two things which have really upset me:

The first is that they wrote:

"I can confirm that this request needs to be made direct to the Royal Bank of Scotland as they are the principle company with whom the agreement was made."

This goes against everything I have been told. As it is Apex who have bought the debt, surely they are now responsible for provinjg it exists? Can anyone advise on this?

But what has really pee'd me off is the fact that they sent back the original letter I had written asking for a copy of my credit agreement. However, they have put a note on it saying 'No fee enclosed' which is complete rubbish.

So on top of everything else they've nicked a pound off me! And I don't know what has upset me more, this or the dispute in general!

I would love people's feedback/advice on this.

Cheers