• Tweets

• I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
one4all

How to remedy a default??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, can someone please clarify if a default notice must give 14 clear working days or 14 clear calendar days for remedy?

One4all