Mackydees

Help with an appeal against Community Care Grant decision please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I applied for a CCG for assistance with staying in the community rather than going into care. I currently receive IB, IS and lower mob. and middle care portions of DLA (currently going through a change of circumstances to get the latter upped to higher rate). They awarded me a certain amount and denied about half of what I was asking for. I sent in an appeal stating my reasons and received a letter saying that as they didn't receive it within 28 days so I had 12 days to state why I hadn't sent it sooner. In my reply to that, which I sent Special Delivery because the deadline was 2 days away when I got the letter, I stated that because of my disability I was unable to post letters myself and needed someone else to post letters for me and if there was a delay it would be because of that. I received a letter in reply stating that my reasons weren't good enough and they wouldn't be looking at it again. I can get no further information from anyone only that there is no form of appeal against that final decision.

So I need to know whether this is true? If not then what reasons are valid for not having the appeal letter in on time? Finally where can I go from here?

Any help would be very grateful received,

Thanks in advance,

Macky.

A Community Care Grant decision carries no appeal rights, only a right to review by the Social Fund and if unsuccessful following a review by the Social Fund, a further right to review from the Independent Review Service. There is no right to review by the IRS where the Social Fund have refused to review a decision.

You can submit a new application for a CCG 28 days after the last decision if you are applying for the same items.

What items did they refuse to assist with and what reasons did they give for their refusal?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)