• Tweets

• This is what I do not understand It was for a data sim card where EE took £20 in advance for 20gb of data each month on a month by month rolling contract and once I had used the data it would switch off so impossible to use any more than I had already paid for. If I wanted to carry on using it i would have to log on and pay another £20.   I used the service for a few months and then did not renew the contract and heard no more    My bank account was used for ID purposes only and was my main bank account with all my wages and d/d and held for 7 years plus, no insurance was taken out and no other accounts opened.   This is my point EE have listed this and has no connected with the data they have entered        
    • I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
loopinlouie

aaaaaaArgh the loonatics have taken over the asylum (or so it feels)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Right other thread which went on for ages is resolved, just this niggle with tesco broadband has totally gutted me and even my bank tell me I am not being over the top and my phone provider seems to be making me do all the leg work.:sad:

Phone and broadband back up and running finally as said, sky apoligised for their mistake, so all sorted you think. NOPE but not a problem from sky but tesco again. What turned out to be little mistake last month and sorted has carried over and they want me due to lack of facility to alter mistakes carry it over to next month again.

Last month a certain amount of credit was owed to my account, this in error was not credited or it seemed to me the woman didnt know how to do it, or wether possible but also telling me the dd would go ahead and take more money.

I was asked and I agreed that they couldnt sort it there and then and hey I was back on the phone so no big deal. They told me the amount would get credited to my account this bill and low and behold it hasnt been. I was politely told they realise they have again made a mistake and unfortunately I will have money took again this month and the credits will appear next month, still with me?:madgrin:

I said due to me being so patient over last months I feel they can do more than that, they should reissue the bill and sort it their end and only take what appropriate. BT can reissue a bill if faulty and prevent taking too much, after all they control the ammount from the dd and its not as if its going out next couple of days its I believe over a week away and my bank said not as if raised yet.

So I said no. Was told they will take it anyhow as direct debit cannot be altered, bank differ in that opinion and tell me it is not my place to have to keep stopping dd's and reinstating them to protect my monies. but I did it anyhow. It is up to company to make sure they sort it and dont inconvinienc me, or am I over the top there?

Anyhow tesco know its thier fault and they did get manager to ring me back who said that the woman who inputs credits from a spreadsheet which I was on for credit, decided as I had another problem on account not my fault from earlier and adjustment made, that she would hault it as possible error. Fair enough I think but looking at my account if she bothered to check she would see all that had gone on since starting with them and have the forethought you would think to query it? hhmm:madgrin:

Nope without checking into it, they cancelled the credit and left me to do the leg work again and ring them up once more. Thing is they are reassuring me it wont happen again, same as last month and asking me to pay money I dont owe this month and get credit next month.

What if they make the same mistake next month? My lucks not been great lately:lol:

To be honest I dont need the stress, so have to do some thinking. They are willing to let me leave with no termination fees and I am seriously thinking of paying more and returning to bt.

Why when firms make a mistake do I need to have my bloodpressure monitored? :mad2:

I can let them do it again and hope and pray they dont charge me again in error next month or leave. What would you do, if I were you?:madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

Something to do with third party does their billing if that makes sence !!!!

SCREAM is how I feel, who will take me over, charge me a decent price for unlimited broadband due to gaming online with the dreaded xbox live and unlimited phone calls and promise nicely not to accidently kill my line xxx

If fairy godmothers exist could one appear now xxxxxxx

Thing is last time they told me to prevent monies going out by stopping direct debit and time takes to alter bill, it was either on the day or day later dd due to go out and I get a curt call.

Why has the dd failed? Along with a letter telling me there was not enough money in my account as the reason. I had money and was not amused. Seemed they were unable to update systems as promised.

Am I the only one or they must really hate me :) I know gremilins exist like in the film :lol:

I decided to do as they asked and cancel the dd and reinstate it next month:|

I send an email asking for them to make sure and look into getting my bill correct next month and in the meantime I can at my leisure decide if I want to go or stay when in a calmer state. xx

This morning I get an email. ooooh a reply I think as I know billing were involved in it yesterday.

Nope just an email warning me it is part of the service to have a valid up and running direct debit and they rather PROMPTLY have noticed mine has cancelled:lol: Laughing now, but peed off as have to again email them to make sure service is not turned off.

One arm does not know what other is doing it seems, you could argue mistakes happen with depts liasing with one another, but this is within billing and doing my head in:jaw:

So for tesco when up and running broadband and phone is great, but wow betide you if have to liase with billing or sort out billing erros as they use third party billing. I mean if you can afford to just pay this month, not get so het up and think okay they will get it correct next month. No big deal, but this month it is a big deal. I have just had to get another convection microwave as last one went caput and I timed it well to get it this month so as on benefits have to be careful when addding direct debits up. 25.02 is a lot when its not in your account :-)