Help! Welcome Finance Default Notice

Eek!!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm new to this but am in desperate need of help with Welcome Finance, I'll try to be as detailed as I can & I really appreciate any help given

I took out a loan with Welcome Finance back in May 2008 for £3,500 & the agreement was to pay back £259.92 a month for 36 months, first payment being made on the 1st June 2008

I hit financial difficulties shortly after this & set up a Debt Management Plan with Churchwood Financial, there was a delay in this being setting up so a payment wasn't made to Welcome Finance until 24th September 2008 but Churchwood Financial were able to get my monthly payment reduced to £76.71 a month

The only piece of correspondence I've received since my loan paperwork was a period statement, which shows the following information:

Date of first movement: 16th May 2008

Amount of Credit Provided: £5089.36

Annual Interest Rate: 0.00%

Minimum Duration of Agreement: 36 months

16th May 2008

Initial Disbursement £3500.00

Acceptance Fees Personal Loan £75.00

PPP - Unsecured Loan £1339.36

PERS Accident Plan - Unsecured £175

20th June 2008 - 20th November 2009

Total Capitalisation £4320.85

1st June 2008 - 24th August 2010

Total Payments £2100.96

Total amount provided + Total Capitalisation = £9410.21 - Total Payments = £7309.26

I decided to take myself out of my DMP as it wasn't particularly helping & am now in a position to increase my payments to settle the debt by the end of 2011 based on the information their statement provided, which I sent an email to Welcome advising this & I never received anything back in regards to this but instead receive a default notice!!!

I have them twice now as I refuse to speak over the phone as I prefer to have written documentation & yet still no response

What has confused me is the letter is dated 3rd September 2010 but wasn't received until the 11th September 2010, they have said I need to call the undersigned immediately but there is no signature & no name apart from Welcome Finance & last but not least their figures

They said I need to pay £703.05 within 14 days.....what on earth is this for though as this is the first piece of correspondence I've received since the statement in April

More worryingly though is their "Payments to be made" figures, which I've listed below:

Total Amount Outstanding £7239.25

Rebate of Acceptance Fee & Credit Charges* (£3.92)

Rebate of Insurance* (£42.23)

Collection Fees £0.00

Default Interest £0.00

Interest to Settlement £4451.26

Total Amount to be Paid £11644.36

*Rebate is calculated on the assumption that payment is made on the date shown and will be revised if payment in full is not made on that date

They are threatening other action to get their money back, which is fine but I don't agree to paying for extras

Are these figures right? I was happy to increase my payment back up to £250 a month then increase again towards the end of next year to settle the debt but at this rate it will never be finished

I apologise for the long thread but I just want to know how to deal with this, I got rid of my HFC loan in March & they ripped me off & now it looks like history is repeating itself

Thanks in advance

Kerry

On their main letter it says:

You are hereby served under section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act with the attached Default Notice. We intend to exercise our rights to enforce collection unless you clear the arrears within fourteen (14 days) or alternatively contact us with your proposals of settlement

Then on the default notice it says:

To remedy the breach you must pay us the total arrears of £703.05 within fourteen (14 days)

If they terminate the agreement on the strength of that default notice all you will have to pay is the arrears up to the default notice

the rest of the balance will be unenforceable

but dont tell them that

it only works in court

SAYING 14 DAYS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

A NUMERICAL DATE TO RECTIFY THE DEFAULT NEEDS TO BE INSERTED

On their main letter it says:

You are hereby served under section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act with the attached Default Notice. We intend to exercise our rights to enforce collection unless you clear the arrears within fourteen (14 days) or alternatively contact us with your proposals of settlement

Then on the default notice it says:

To remedy the breach you must pay us the total arrears of £703.05 within fourteen (14 days)

That's very, very good advice so I'll definately keep quiet

So what would normally happen now in regards to them contacting? Will it be passed to a DCA or do they serve me court papers? I get so confused

They really aren't a nice company, I thought HFC were bad enough as ended up paying them close to £20k over 7 years. Luckily that's finished & waiting to get my PPI back & even that company hasn't been great

The norm is it gets passed to a dca called cl finance or lewis

welcomes parent company cattles own these companies

cattles is going under so who knows at the moment who will get the debt

i very much doubt court papers will be served, not at the moment and if they are it will be quite easy to defend

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.........

Still no post or response to previous emails sent received from Welcome Finance but this last week receiving high volume of calls from 2 numbers

Did a Google search & 1 number is Welcome Finance Collections number & no voicemail left & the 2nd number is Lewis Group, voicemail left with a number to call but no company name or info on what the call is in relation to......think the 2 are connected

Email fired off to Lewis Group advising them to stop harassing me & contact to be made via email, if not will file a complaint for harassment & also for them to tell me what the calls are in relation to......

What this space for an update

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well.........

I actually received an email back in response to the 5th one I've sent

It's from a lady called Claire Hearst from Cattles

All it said was "Hi, Please could you send more information, i.e agreement number or full address so can locate your account. Regards"

Let's see what they reply with & also, who are cattles?