beatthebailiffs

Car towed by Marston help!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3614 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My car was towed by Marsten after being the owner for 4 days. They first clamped it, I told the bailiff that the transaction took place 4 days ago. In fact the previous owner was a tenant of mine who could not keep up with rent so to make up for it gave me his car, we signed a receipt stating this...

The bailiff said "according to DVLA the current owner of this car owes money" I told him the DVLA system will not update so quickly, he still ordered the truck to come and tow it away. The V5 has been sent off in my name. and I am waiting for it to be returned with my name on it

I showed him the new keeper supplement but this didnt work, please help!!!

Is this for unpaid PCNs?

The bailiff said "according to DVLA the current owner of this car owes money"

That's clever of the DVLA then as they have no system that records the current OWNER of a vehicle, only the REGISTERED KEEPER who may or may not be the legal owner, as you clearly demonstrated on this occasion.

I suspect the bailiff has acted illegally in this case when shown documentary evidence that the debtor no longer owns the vehicle, but wait for a more expert response.

If you post a copy of this post in the bailiff section then tomtubby may see it and she will give a more definative answer.