Missed payment, bailiffs sent round.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm here because i'm looking for a bit of advice to help my mother.

She currently pays £2 a month to Howard-Cohen however unknowingly missed a payment that was due on the 23rd of August, thinking she had already paid the amount due she was surpised this morning by a visit from a man working for CL finance saying that my mother has to pay £74 on monday next week to someone he is sending round (which she cannot at all afford) otherwise an amount of around £800 in goods will be seized.

Now i have no idea on how any of this works but i find it strange that she didn't receive a call or letter from Howard-Cohen saying she hasn't paid, because of she did she would have paid immediatly the monthly amount and also there was no warning of someone coming round demanding money.

She called Howard-Cohen but they said they can't/won't help because the debt is now with the man who came round from CL finance this morning and the man who came round this morning wasn't helpful at all, but also has said once the £74 has been paid the debt will go back with Howard-Cohen.

I was wondering if anyone here could give any help or advice.

if any more info is needed i will try to find out what i can.

he gave her a piece of card which i could have made in about 5 mins on ms paint with his name and number on which she called him for help/advice and he didn't seem interested in coming to an agreement on payment, on the card it had the company name which was CL finance

Will find out asap if it has a ccj against it, no a bailiff has not been into our house in the past this is the first time anyone has ever came round.

sorry for not being clear about the person who came round, they work for cl finance and has said that a bailiff will be coming next week for a payment.

A baliff has no legal right to enter your property

if one turns up just tell him to sod off and keep the doors and windows closed

if there is no ccj then there can be no baliffs and they would be court baliffs which as a rule not being private, will not remove goods

Yeah, she has already gone today to immediatly pay the late payment but what of the £74 they are trying to get hold of? just tell them to get lost and they can't do anything about it? or what.

To be honest, yes tell them to sod off and show a copy of the postal order

what should happen is the claimant would go back to the court and ask for an order to enforce the ccj, then court baliffs would be involved

but this costs £50

so pay it today and then there are no arrears and take great delight in telling them that

the £74 quid will prob go straight into this reps /collectors pocket so pay the arrears and ignore

its a court order thats official

not some muppett from cohens or cl finance