Help withl lowell

cat26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right me thinks file it with others and wait see there next move then , but i do notice they seem to send some from leeds and some from bristol ? . , lettters seem to be every 2 wks at the moment , what happens after Hamilton legal i wonder ? anyone with any thoughts ?.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right me thinks file it with others and wait see there next move then , but i do notice they seem to send some from leeds and some from bristol ? . , lettters seem to be every 2 wks at the moment , what happens after Hamilton legal i wonder ? anyone with any thoughts ?.

I have read on other posts that Lowell have been using other postal addresses

Could be they're trying to make themselves look bigger than they really are . . again :razz:

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

• 2 weeks later...

Hamptons legals today !!!!! want to offer me one final offer to resolve the matter amicably wow how nice of them lol .... i can have 50 % of whole debt if i pay it in next 10 days or pay them £ 40 a month. They say they wont write to me again !!! omg please dont lol , so they going to decide what action to do to recover the debt , Now i take this is a sweetner to get me to make contact with them ? plus this time the letter is to madam instead of my name ? File in the ignore box again guys ? many thanks for your advice guys ................. cat x

Hamptons ARE Lowell, the fact that they have offered you a 50% discount is indicative of their lack of paperwork evidence or CCA, game over.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

.......the fact that they have offered you a 50% discount is indicative of their lack of paperwork evidence or CCA...

not necessarily. imo. :-)

Well as this debt is for a store card which was took out in 1998 , not payed a penny to for years ,one wonders what paper work they do have ? .. There very good at what action they may take but never we will do this? ................ thanks for ll you thoughts again guys x

.......one wonders what paper work they do have ? .. ....

exactly. you haven't done a cca, cpr, sar request etc so there's no real indication as to what, if any, doc they might have that could be enforceable, unless you now know for sure that you did not sign anything at the time that c/b enforceable. i was suggesting (perhaps pedantically :-)) that some dca's may still offer a 'discount' near the 'end' of their 'activities' despite having the correct 'paperwork', or thinking that they have the correct paperwork. :-)

also as you say it is nearly statute barred, perhaps they realise this and are trying to get some money off you before it is.

Edited by Ford
typo

IF they have all of the documents required and in order, then they would not offer any such discount, after all they have the evidence in front of them to take you to court and recover the full amount, offering a discount merely suggests that there is something amiss and they know they wouldn't be able to recover the full amount, therefore offering a discount in the hope of retrieving something.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

well i agree they had years to take me to court !!! am quite sure they have more letters to send yet but am not going to respond to anything with out asking on here first , oh and what does subbing mean please ? re comment from page 3 ? thanks again guys cat x

subbing mean subscribing to thread so they can follow what happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Letter recieved to day this time on behalf of lowels . This time Buchanan clark +wells ?. Nice red heading ,. formal demands

We have been instructed by lowel to recover the over due debt of £ 428.32 on there behalf .

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non payment whilst they would prefer anamicable settlement they will not hesitate to commence legal proceedings ( big heavy black printed ) if necessary . then usual what will happen if i get taken to court ,. now should i still ignore or not this is a 12 yr old debt which has not been paid in yrs so could be sb or very close to .... i have not responded to any of there letters ever , so do i cca them or just file it with the others ? many thanks as usual .

BCW are just rubbish threat monkeys that send many letters and make loads of phone calls for a few months, before giving up. If Lowells have allowed the debt to be passed to another company, it means that they have given up.

Suggest that you ignore or send them a letter asking for proof, i.e. CCA and statements of account. It is up to you. It depends whether you want to waste money on postage and then get no response.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well the tone of the letter there making out there lawyers , i see its just seen there another debt company ? there making out there dealing on it as lowels legals etc lol Well i guess may be sit tight and wait for there next move ? i have done have you suggested and never replyed to anything ? Creation had the debt was took out coming up to 13 yrs now ....

Well the tone of the letter there making out there lawyers , i see its just seen there another debt company ? there making out there dealing on it as lowels legals etc lol Well i guess may be sit tight and wait for there next move ? i have done have you suggested and never replyed to anything ? Creation had the debt was took out coming up to 13 yrs now ....

BCW are not just debt collectors, they are rubbish debt collectors, who are at the bottom of the food chain. They are a bit like Mackezie Hall in that they do a lot of barking for a few months and then give up. They just get the debts that other debt companies have not managed to collect on.

If you think about it, if this debt could be collected by using the courts, they would have done so by now. This debt is either statute barred or will be very soon and they don't have the necessary documents to enforce.

phew thanks , have to say this letter seemed the most pushy.... They dont have my land line changed that ages ago nore my mobile , i learnt never to give either out for anything now .... xx

• 1 month later...

buchanancclarck+wells There back this time with Legal notification . we regret to note your outstanding debt with lowel remains owing and due .You were informed in our prevous correspndence of the potenional impending court action . As a failure to contact us and agree a resolution of this long standing matter we must advise you that we are left with no opiton to proceed with a (in massive black writing ) PERSONAL VISIT BY DEP INVESTIGATION OFFICER to you home address . to avoid this please make payment or contact etc . now i have a long term ill child i really dont want some body turning up at my door ! Is it time to cca them now or ignore still there really stating to worry me now , any advice on what steps to take ? this is a debt i no will be sb soon and i took the creation card out in 1998 .. many thanks as always cat x

Doorstep visit letter below - you can send it to them or keep handy if anyone calls, I actually doubt if they will. A CCA request may see them off or you could continue to ignore their threats

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

CAT,

I sense from reading the thread that you so want to send a letter but the CAGS no best and will advise you every step of the way.

Re-read the letters and you will find that it is more 'May' happen or 'Might' happen, they never state it will happen as that would mean they would have to follow through with costs attached and have a rock solid case to ensure payment would be made.

As read in previous posts, its SB from the last payment they received from you which as it defaulted in 2006 would have been 12 months prior, so I imagine (see my use of words lol) its close or has SB. But dont hold me to that lol.

well i just dont want some guy turning up at my door in truth , i have ignored them never resonded to any of the letters , so do i just ignore or will they send someone to my house ? just i really dont want my daughter or mself to feel threatened .. i am quite sure when i looked at my credit file it would be may 2011 sb . hmmm may be i should have another look ? any advise would be great thanks again cat x

If it is worrying you send them the CCA request and then the 'account in dispute' letter after 12 plus 2 working days if no agreement sent. It would give you some peace of mind.

Do you have an address for the original creditor as you could send the a SAR request which would cost a £10 postal order but you might be able to obtain the date of the last payment and other documents if they exist? I can give you a template to do this.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

well its creation and i dont think i have paid them in 7 yrs ... almost sure on that ... have re read the letter it says they no option other then to proceed with a debt investigation officer , if i thought it was a bluff i stay silent as per norm ?have you also got the cca letter just incase we think thats best route ? many thanks cat x

Any notion of a doorstep collector can be easily put to bed, the reason why you are feeling threatened and intimidated is simply becuase that is exactly whta their foolish puerile letters are designed to do, the law is on your side much more than it is theirs, they have got away with breaching guidelines and stautes for a very long time and it needs changing ASAP, which is why the OFT and experian are in talks with the CSA & DBSG to standardise these threat letters, and to remove all the bowlarks from them.

Have a read of this link and print off the letter and keep it by the front door.

If you do receive a doorstep visit we give these suggestions to Members.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...DOORSTEP-VISIT

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

If some fool decided to grace your doorstep, then say nothing, hand them that letter and close the door, if they remain, tell them to go play on the motorway, and ring the Police 999, and report that their is a stranger on your property who won't leave when told to do so, and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace.

You could take another look at your credit file, I would probably do this prior to sending or replying to anything these children have sent, just so you know where your at with regards to the life of the alleged debt, and you can tread carefully.