Help withl lowell

cat26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What do they need to investigate? That someone might owe some money? Load of cobblers, I'd give them a ring and ask if the investigation moron wants milk and sugar....bloody children.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat

Links to letters you need to send a CCA request - this will probably shut them up

CCA Request

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute (this is below) and this should stop them contacting you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Account in Dispute letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

CD I'm inclined to ignore them at the moment, check your CRF first CAT see what if anything is on their first, a prove it letter, might be more apt at this point rather than a CCA request, especially if it is near to being SB.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's ONLY money CAT, it isn't life or death, they won't put you in hospital, UNLESS you allow the little children to get to you. So don't!

i had a disputed debt with a Catalogue,there has been no contact for just over 6 years.

we started to receive letters from Lowell & all the companies linked with them, all of the letters went into the bin, as i have heard many of the dirty tricks they get up to & have googled them.

we started to get the phone calls from all of their companies,cant remember all of the names,but i always ask them for the company name then say i may or may not call them back, i refuse to confirm any details that could be used to identify me, i then come on here or google the company name,....if its given.

28/01/11 i had a phone call they would only say "its a personal matter"despite asking for the company name,which was refused by the caller no company name was given, so i hung up.

within 10 minutes,the phone rang again,guess what, it was the same voice as the first phone call 10 minutes earlier.this time claiming to to represent Severn Trent Water,although the caller would not give his companies name.

i told him i am not legally obliged to give out any information which may identify me & i deal direct with all of the utility companies servicing this property.

i know this is a long winded post,but thought people on here should know about ,what i believe is a new tactic by this company & their associated companies.

i had a disputed debt with a Catalogue,there has been no contact for just over 6 years.

we started to receive letters from Lowell & all the companies linked with them, all of the letters went into the bin, as i have heard many of the dirty tricks they get up to & have googled them.

we started to get the phone calls from all of their companies,cant remember all of the names,but i always ask them for the company name then say i may or may not call them back, i refuse to confirm any details that could be used to identify me, i then come on here or google the company name,....if its given.

28/01/11, i had a phone call they would only say "its a personal matter"despite asking for the company name,which was refused by the caller no company name was given, so i hung up.

within 10 minutes,the phone rang again,guess what, it was the same voice as the first phone call 10 minutes earlier.this time claiming to to represent Severn Trent Water,although the caller would not give his companies name.

i told him i am not legally obliged to give out any information which may identify me & i deal direct with all of the utility companies servicing this property.

i know this is a long winded post,but thought people on here should know about ,what i believe is a new tactic by this company & their associated companies.

hi well i have looked at my credit report it says start date was 28 / 05/ 1998 date last delinquent ( that ever that means ? ) 06 / 05

default date 06/06/05

also says updated 30/04/07 ? what does that mean ? would that be when lowells bought the debt ?so any ideas guys ? there are not marks for any payments . cheers thanks again .. catx

If the default date is June 2005, then the last payment could actually have been months before this so will certainly be Stat Barred by then.

Do you have any records yourself - bank statements or anything, to show when the last payment was made?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Cat

Just send them the doorstep collection letter by recorded delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

If they continue to hassle you, then report them to Trading Standards. What they are doing can be considered harassment.

Don't worry about any doorstep collection. They probably won't turn up anyway and they certainly should not following you sending the letter. These doorstep collectors don't have any powers and they are just there to intimidate you. Most are self employed people, that won't go out of their way to make visits and if you are not in, they will just put a postcard through the door asking you to call. Some DCA's are a bit sneeky, as they send a postcard in the post asking you to call a mobile number, making it look like a doorstep collector has come to visit you. But if you look carefully, it will have a postage marker in the top righthand quarter.

Don't let yourself get worried by any of this. Looks like the debt will become statute barred very shortly.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

omg a reply already !!!!! saying they are removing my telelephone number from my account ? didnt no they had it . plus i will receive no more calls from them concerning this accouint . please do not hasitate to contact them , nothing about coming to my house lets hope they got the message big time as i really dont need the stress of that as well many thanks as always cat x

It is no stress, any uneducated fool turning up on your doorstep demanding money can be told to shove off, they do not have any legal right let alone training to be on anyone's property committing a tort of trespass.

• 4 months later...

Ok back again .... just been notified by Equifax that lowells have deleted my account summary now i have to click i think for it to be ok and taken off ? So do i click delete?:???:sorry sound thick just making sure i am not making my self known to them again and this is them going away ?

many thanks as always ........... cat x