Urgent urgent advice needed re maras reference application

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been in my HOME for nearly 5 years now but the lettings agent made the lanlord re-refernce me. I am currently unemployed and in receipt of benefits so I knew I would not pass the referencing also because my income isnt 3x the rent and my partner no longer lives here, so I managed to get two of best friends to be Guarantors on the property. Their referencing has gone through but I still had to be referenced.

I was worried if the Landlord or Leting agent knew I was unemployed they would make me move out so I said I was self-employed (silly i know) but now they want my accountants details? They have served me a notice of possession until they get my accountants details and I get fully referenced. I thought the most important thing would be the gurantors passing the checks.

I dont know what to do now.

Please please give me some urgent advice as I could lose my home in 7 weeks time and be on the streets as hardly any private landlors accept HB and theres a massive council waiting list and I could end up in a hostel.

Your advice is much appreciated!!!

I think you need to speak to the landlord/letting agent and explain your situation.

Are you behind with your rent? How have you been paying your rent since becoming single/unemployed?

You are going to have to be honest and upfront about this, you can't provide accounts to prove you are self employed because you are not.

Not all landlords are ogres, and he may just accept HB if you have been a good tenant thus far.

Good Luck

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR