Jump to content

What if the buyer does not send slip to the dvla ?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have just sold my car to a guy for cash we filled in the v5 bits as you should he filled the moter trader bit (don't know if he is or not there is no way of knowing if thay are for real ) we signed dated etc. and I sent it off . Now what happens if he does not send off his part of the log book/new owner bit etc. am I liable for anything ? as I can not fource a buyer to send it off it's out of my hands . ... Any ideas ??


Many Thanks



Link to post
Share on other sites

The seller is expected to send in the disposal notice (v5c/3).


You will receive an acknowledgement from DVLA confirming that they have updated their records. If you do not receive this within one month you are expected to contact DVLA to clarify whether they have received your communication.


You have no responsibility as to what action the new keeper takes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the old keeper gives the new keeper the V5C(3), the green part of the V5C which acts as the registration document for the new owner until the V5C in their name is received.

Both the old and new keeper complete the relevant parts on page 2 of the V5C and the old keeper sends it to DVLA.


If the new keeper does not receive their own V5C, they need to send a completed form V62 to DVLA, if the V5C(3) is attaced, no fee is payable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you sell a vehicle to a motor trader you complete section 9 instead of section 10. You do not complete section 6 (new keeper details) as the motor trader does not cout as a new Registered Keeper.


The trader gets the entire V5 bar section 9 which the seller must send to DVLA to remove themselves as the registered keeper.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...