• Tweets

• Thank you all for your replies  I am obviuously over thinking things best to continue to ignore  onlymeagain  
    • As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.
    • I booked several rooms with FABHOTELS.COM - I have made sure the rooms were cancel able and due to the condition in India regarding Covid becoming very bad I cancelled the rooms and my visit to India and will not be travelling for the foreseeable future, I then checked my account and they have stated there can be no refund back to my card but I have to accept their room credits to the value of £478 valid for 12 months when they will then expire if I do not use them by that date, I have contacted them on several telephone numbers and via email, they have refused to issue a refund : stating it is their policy to issue only rooms credits and these will expire in 12 months, they have advised they have the right to do this under the contract and under Indian law, I have raised a SEC 75 claim, via the credit card company however they have not advised what the above means and stated it will take 11 weeks for a response, I am concerned that a refund has been provided and the cancellation has been approved as such as a refundable cancellation, albeit they have stated no refund to the credit card can be made. I have sent the following to them and their response has been - we are unable to assist further - I have now concern how they can do this when the law does not allow this to be possible? The issue that I have experienced was: Disgraceful behaviour by Fab hotels in holding cancelled bookings in an expiring account when cancelled fully - NO REFUND ISSUED? Please can you refund the full amount to my credit card as due to the Covid restrictions there is no guarantee I will be in India in next twenty four months I await your refund back to my with the Credit card Company as I am not able to use the Credits expiring in 12 Months, I have been in touch with the credit card Company and they have confirmed they will be looking to FabHotels to refund back to the Original card as part of the Sec 75 Laws where a cancellation has been made and the payment has to be refunded back to the Original payment card. I have not been able to confirm I will be using the credits and therefore in order to safeguard my funds these needs to be back into my, If this is not accepted then I reserve the right to take the matter further for a investigation and chargeback as I have not authorised the payment and the reservations have been cancelled. Please can this be escalated to a senior manager and a refund issued back to the Visa card. If this is the Customer experience I have to endure then I will make it quite clear that this i not acceptable that you take money and put it into a expiring account and then ask me to contact you to get the extension, this is not customer service, I am deeply distressed by your action as there are no other Booking agents who are doing this to their customers, especially considering the hotels have been accepted as cancelled and a refund issued but held in expiring account.
    • That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Bigdebtor

Does the OFT guidelines on Debt Collection apply to Council Parking Fines and Council Tax debts?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2876 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am disputing an invalid PCN - but Glasgow Parking have put Stirling Park (debt collectors, sheriff officers, messengers at arms) on to me. Despite my telling them the debt is in dispute they sent a doorstep collector to my home, without warning and with no appointment or invitation/agreement to call, putting my pregnant wife and young child in some distress.

I complained to them and told them they were contravening the OFT guidelines on debt collection. They retorted the guidelines only apply to CCA 1974 debts - not to this one.

Are they right?

If so, what guidelines/rules (if any) do actually govern their conduct in this sort of case?

They are just ignoring the fact the debt is in dispute and continue to add other "collection" charges to the amount "outstanding".

I am very comfortable taking these gorillas on on normal credit card/banking debts but in this case I feel I am just banging my head against a brick wall and seem to have no rights because it's a disputed debt to the Council.

HELP! PLEASE!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

You can read the guidelines here; http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

They apply to companies licensed under the CCA 1974, but are certainly not just restricted to "CCA 1974" debts,otherwise a DCA could use the fact that an agreement was missing as a loophole in order to avoid following the guidelines..

So.... do Stirling Park hold a license? If they do then they have to follow the guidelines,

Found them!

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0522548

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Stirling Park LLPSO300097

Categories:

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Stirling Park

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Intrum Justitia Scotland

Issued Date: 18-Jul-2002

Expiry Date: 18-Jul-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Adam Edward Lewis Kevin Dillon Mr Jonathan Lewis Mr Paul James Gibb Ronald Murison

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Ann Wood Christopher Savage Fredrik Alfredsson James Anthony BurtonOFFICER James Anthony BurtonPARTNER Jan RoxendalOFFICER John David EasdenOFFICER Marcel Van Es Marcel Van EsOFFICER Patrik ErikssonOFFICER

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPosition Intrum Justitia Ltd Intrum Justitia Ltd PARTNER

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence24, St. Enoch Square, GLASGOW, G1 4DB, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business16, Nelson Street, KILMARNOCK, Ayrshire, KA1 2YE, United Kingdom Registered Office24, St Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4DB

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Principal Place Of Business24, St Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4DB

And the guidelines state;

Who does this guidance apply to?

1.7 This guidance applies to all consumer credit licence holders and applicants.

The guidelines then go on to make no distinction of the type of debt.

T

You're a star! Thanks a million. Yet another bunch of cr*p from them - but they put this lie in an e-mail - so I am going to copy it to the Council CEO and tell the Council their "appointed agents" not only ignore the OFT guidlelines but actively mislead the public by claiming the guidlines don't apply to them. This is nearly as good as them using (alleged) gangster firms as "security guards" on council building sites and on council taxi contracts.

BD

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Quick update. After exactly 53 weeks of hearing nothing - and no response to letters sent to both the Council and Stirling Park (debt collectors) - two Sheriff Officers arrived on my doorstep without warning - upsetting my wife yet again. Luckily I was in and offered these two goons a copy of all my correspondence - but they refused to accept it - and even refused to sign a letter saying they refused to accept it! They've valued my car (worth well over £12k - most of it still owed to the Finance Company) at just over £3k - and stated it could be repossessed and sold at auction if I don't pay up on the disputed parking fine.

I'm not sure what to do now - I don't want to give in when they've just ignored my letters etc. - but I can't afford to lose my car.

Any help would be appreciated.

BD

Bigdebtor

Jeez, that's rubbish. I have no advice to offer, sorry, but didn't want to R&R. Good luck. Hope someone has an answer.