Buried my head too long.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

So finally I have decided that I need to do something with my debts, I constantly have letters comming in telling me they're goin to take me to court? I just hide the letters thinking they will go away. Of course they're not goin to. I'm sure I have almost 10,000£ worth of debt and continuing as there is charges and interest. Does anyone have any links to templates letters for me to send to them

reguardig reducing the amount that I can pay as I am

up to my neck in debt? I've always made sure that my mortgage has been paid as I couldn't lose my house not with my two kids.

My debs are

Halifax loan £7500 over 7 years, only £2000 paid off, £156 a month

loan £5000 over 5 years £4000 paid over 1 year to go.

Vodaphone-£500

capital one- started off at £100 limit now at £500 because of charges.

DFS - £2000 two years still to pay.

I've buried my head in the sand for too long, I haven't paid a creditor in 6 months bar my mortgage, really need some help and I would rather do this myself than go to a company.

Many thanks

Hi There are some really excellent cagger's on here that will help you so you will get help and soon. Sounds like you have already started to cope as you have prioritised your most important debt ie your mortgage. Have you read any of the other threads to give you an idea of what you need to do? This link is one that I think gives a great boost to others http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?263744-We-have-so-much-debt-it-seems-only-hope-is-selling-house!. Hope it works out.

Hi Introuble1110,

As on your concerns involves an account with us I'd like to take a closer look at things to see what we could do to help you here.

To allow to access your account could you email the details across to us by following the details in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems ?

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this so we can make sure it reaches us and we'll get back to you as soon as we can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Introuble,

If you deal Lee for the Vodafone issue separately, the rest of us can help with the rest

Attached to this link are some letters you could use to write to your creditors

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758

As to any charges you have paid. If you send the relevant creditor a SAR, they should send you all your statements where you will be able to work out exactly how much you have paid and then reclaim them with interest. I will hunt out a SAR template as my links are broken

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Forgot to mention, for the Vodafone problem, it would be better to start a separate thread in the telecoms forum

Here is a letter you could use for the sar(you will have to edit it accordingly)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?208966-Me-and-Them-SAR-non-compliance-claim.-**SUCCESS**&p=2283969&viewfull=1#post2283969

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

That is abs brilliant, many thanks for the letter's I will get these all created and posted off.

Hi Lee

TBH, this vodaphone account is form many years ago and TBH I cannot remmber which address it is from but I want to get my name cleared and so I will complete this later on, as I am in work!

Many Thanks

Hi Introuble1110,

Thanks for coming back to me.

When you send the email just provide as much information as you can at the moment.

If you've received letters from any DCA's these will usually have a reference number which will correspond with an account at our end just quote this as well and I'll do my best to track this down.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Introuble, may I just add that before you go e-mailing Vodaphone Rep and getting the clock starting again, can you please try and remember if it is 6 years or more since you made payment? If it is, then the alleged debt would be statute-barred, and by contacting Lee, you could start the clock ticking again by acknowledging it, so be very careful in what you say or do. ;-)

Could you please start a thread for EACH of the issues you're facing, so we don't get all confused in the advice, and in each of them, can you please name the companies which have been hounding you, as I suspect a few of them if not all may be DCAs with no power to collect unless you let them, but we need to know more.

Re: mortgage, that is the ONE thing you MUST NOT stop to pay, even if it means all the others can go hang, but again, give us a few more details in a separate thread.

If you're not sure of what to write, just call each thread: "Introuble v [creditor]", then give the relevant info on each threads, and keep to each thread thereafter to update and read advice, a bit like your own personal diary for each event. ;-)

Introuble, may I just add that before you go e-mailing Vodaphone Rep and getting the clock starting again, can you please try and remember if it is 6 years or more since you made payment? If it is, then the alleged debt would be statute-barred, and by contacting Lee, you could start the clock ticking again by acknowledging it, so be very careful in what you say or do. ;-)

Could you please start a thread for EACH of the issues you're facing, so we don't get all confused in the advice, and in each of them, can you please name the companies which have been hounding you, as I suspect a few of them if not all may be DCAs with no power to collect unless you let them, but we need to know more.

Re: mortgage, that is the ONE thing you MUST NOT stop to pay, even if it means all the others can go hang, but again, give us a few more details in a separate thread.

If you're not sure of what to write, just call each thread: "Introuble v [creditor]", then give the relevant info on each threads, and keep to each thread thereafter to update and read advice, a bit like your own personal diary for each event. ;-)

Hi Bookworm,

From my understanding of The Limitation Act 1980 once six years from the date on which recovery proceedings commenced has expired regardless of whether the debt has been acknowledged or payment has been made towards it.

I will of course double check this to make sure and should I have misunderstood anything I'll come back to correct any incorrect information.

Do many people have problems with Vodafone? What are the typical problems?

Hi Good Finder,

Should you need any assistance with a Vodafone related matter you're welcome to get in touch with the Web Relations Team by following the steps in our pinned thread in the Telecoms section here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

In the event that you do email us you'll receive an automated reply with a reference and to make sure it reaches us could you update me with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Bookworm,

From my understanding of The Limitation Act 1980 once six years from the date on which recovery proceedings commenced has expired regardless of whether the debt has been acknowledged or payment has been made towards it.

I will of course double check this to make sure and should I have misunderstood anything I'll come back to correct any incorrect information.

I'll save you the trouble :-):

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/debt_factsheets/liability_for_debts_and_the_limitation_act.php

You can argue that the creditor is out of time or “statute barred” from taking you to court for this debt:

if

The creditor has not already obtained a judgment against you

and

You, or any one else owing the money (on a debt in joint names) have not made a payment on the debt during the last six years

and

You have not written to the creditor admitting you owe the debt during the last six years.

HTH. :-)

In the above case, if your company didn't obtain a CCJ against the OP, and the OP neither paid any money or acknowledge the alleged debt pver the last 6 years, then the alleged debt is statute-barred and shouldn't be pursued, full stop.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you read any of the other threads to give you an idea of what you need to do? This link is one that I think gives a great boost to others http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?263744-We-have-so-much-debt-it-seems-only-hope-is-selling-house!. Hope it works out.

I hope the info in my thread helps, the peeps have been great with their advice and help. :)

Edited by wilchil64