Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a ccj through restons for a HFC debt of £500. i am looking to settle straight away so have a couple of questions.

1. will i be able to get a full and final settlement from them?

2. once paid, how do i get my credit file update as settled. is there a fee or a certificate i should receive?

3. how quickly will the court update?

thanks in advance

I have a ccj through restons for a HFC debt of £500. i am looking to settle straight away so have a couple of questions.

1. will i be able to get a full and final settlement from them?

2. once paid, how do i get my credit file update as settled. is there a fee or a certificate i should receive?

3. how quickly will the court update?

thanks in advance

If you pay the judgment within one month it can be removed from the register as if it never existed.

You need to settle with the Claimant and get them to confirm in writing to you that it was settled and on what date and then get them to send a copy to court. You then need to go to the court with the letter and apply for a certificate of Cancellation which costs around £15.00, NOT a certificate of satisfaction as this is a different form and your CCJ will remain on your credit file marked as "satisfied".