Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3552 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

yes ++ interest

i'd pop along tothe capital one forum and have a read

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that links to "just go find" is that right?

No, don't think it is, I'll let dx know.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You will find the Capone forums in the following link :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?48-Capital-One

The full name of C1 does not take you to specific forum.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hi i have a capital one account,ive probably payed a fair wack in charges with my account.

ive read the forums for a while now. Am i correct in thinking i can send off a sar without doing the cca.as i know they probably have the documentation for the card etc.its the charges i want back not to answer if its lawful.

and if so.,after the sar is sent what are the steps on from there.barclaycards my next victim,i must of paid well over 500 to them over the years by now.

i was going to hit vanquis as well but from what ive read they are a pain in the ass.

so yeah sorry for trailing off! what are the steps after the sar is sent recorded with a £10 postal order inside?

any help appreciated thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Yes sending a SAR should get you all you need to calculate how much they have added in charges.

This is the LBA ..............just edit for your prelim.

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

letter before action

Dear Sir/Madam,

CARD/ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

Further to my preliminary letter of xxxxx with regards to charges levied against the above account,I note you have failed to respond and show no intentions of refunding the charges.

As indicated previously,I consider that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

Whilst I am mindful of the OFT investigation in 2006 of credit card fees,the OFT deemed that only a Court could determine the fairness of fees and so the £12 figure was only fixed as a guideline.

I make a further request that you refund to me £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I give you a further 14 days to comply,or else provide me with a full breakdown of your costs in addressing any breach on my behalf,which demonstrate clearly that your charges are in proportion to your actual costs.

Failure to do so,will result in me issuing a county court claim for recovery of the charges plus section 69 interest and costs.

Yours faithfully,

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert