Started my claim today.

DanielWooly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody, great forum, i've today sent my first letter to HSBC, asking for £2432.50. I'll keep you updated with all progress. I've gathered that you have to be pretty ruthless. so if i don't have a cheque for £2432.50 by 20/2/06, i'll start claiming through the courts.

HSBC £2883.42 - Settled in full out of court.

A&L - DPA sent, until 15-07-06 to comply.

NatWest DPA sent, until 15-07-06 to comply.

Well, i sent my letter first class so they should have received it today. I'm gonna give them seven full days starting from today as that's what i've stated on my letter. It all depends on what they send me back as i'm not sure i'll be in a position to fork out for the court fees in seven days time so i might as well give them a little longer, although i'm sure it won't get me anywhere.

Received a letter back from HSBC today dated 18th February. Was extremely short and boring. It just said they are investigating and will let me know when they have come to a conclusion.

Received a letter back from HSBC today dated 18th February. Was extremely short and boring. It just said they are investigating and will let me know when they have come to a conclusion.

so if i don't have a cheque for £2432.50 by 20/2/06, i'll start claiming through the courts
So today is the 21st. Why haven't you issued - or are you frit?

so if i don't have a cheque for £2432.50 by 20/2/06, i'll start claiming through the courts
So today is the 21st. Why haven't you issued - or are you frit?

they will not come back with a conclusion, submit your claim NOW.

possible in 8 weeks you might recieve a letter saying the bank stands on its position and you can complain further to the fso.

All well if you are accuring interest, but if somone is to lose their case against the banks(those going for a declaration) and the court rules that they are legal(remember every outcome has a chance) you may find your self with no grounds for a claim.

The bank has the defence of not being able to pay up, there was a case taken to the european court about operations paid for by NHS, they defended on the grounds that the cost would be to great to pay subsequent claims, they lost of course. Just as the person whether he had his operation paid for after the court ruled the NHS to do so, the answer was NO.

Its all quite feasible saying yes we will get a declaration etc, still does not mean the bank will stop or not pay up claims. The fact is the money talks.

they will not come back with a conclusion, submit your claim NOW.

possible in 8 weeks you might recieve a letter saying the bank stands on its position and you can complain further to the fso.

All well if you are accuring interest, but if somone is to lose their case against the banks(those going for a declaration) and the court rules that they are legal(remember every outcome has a chance) you may find your self with no grounds for a claim.

The bank has the defence of not being able to pay up, there was a case taken to the european court about operations paid for by NHS, they defended on the grounds that the cost would be to great to pay subsequent claims, they lost of course. Just as the person whether he had his operation paid for after the court ruled the NHS to do so, the answer was NO.

Its all quite feasible saying yes we will get a declaration etc, still does not mean the bank will stop or not pay up claims. The fact is the money talks.

Yeah i appreciate the investigation won't get me anywhere, i can't wait to submit my claim to the courts, the way i see it, the sooner i do, the sooner i get my money back. as soon as i have enough money to do so i will. i'm not skinting myself to do it though, just be another couple of days. how much are the court fees. Is it about 120? did i understand it right that there is then another 100 on top once a court is allocated?

Yeah i appreciate the investigation won't get me anywhere, i can't wait to submit my claim to the courts, the way i see it, the sooner i do, the sooner i get my money back. as soon as i have enough money to do so i will. i'm not skinting myself to do it though, just be another couple of days. how much are the court fees. Is it about 120? did i understand it right that there is then another 100 on top once a court is allocated?

Well i've just worked out the interest, my claim value currently stands at £2719.50 + court costs. Going up every day, i've just accelerated my clock to the year 2020 and it would be over 5000!! Messed up my security software a bit though.

Well i've just worked out the interest, my claim value currently stands at £2719.50 + court costs. Going up every day, i've just accelerated my clock to the year 2020 and it would be over 5000!! Messed up my security software a bit though.

• 2 months later...

Sorry it's took me this long, i've finally convinced someone to pay my court fee for me. just submitted my claim, £2883.42. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As soon as i get hsbc dealt with, alliance & leicester and natwest will be next targets! the amount of charges i've had since i turned 18 (i'm 23 now) is shocking, gotta be over £4k. swines!!

all being well you should have your money within 2 weeks, good luck

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

You submitted your claim on the 18th and had a letter from the court today? I submitted mine on the 12th and have heard nothing yet :( Guess I just need to be a bit more patient :)

edited - how come my message appeared before the one I was commenting on - looks like your PC clock as well as Spiceskull is ahead?

Received a letter from the court today with HSBC's acknowledgment of the claim attached, it's signed Deborah D'Aubney, the box it ticked stating 'I intend to defend all of this claim'. I presume this is standard procedure and they will settle up without actually defending it in court. Although it would be interesting if they did actually try and defend it!

If you want to see a history of an HSBC claim, including the communications from Debbie D'Aubney - click here. Good luck...you are a few days from your money...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Received a letter today from deborah, they've offered me all my money back plus interest plus court costs. Posted the letter back so i'm just waiting for my money. £2883.42, bargain!! I will be making a donation as soon as i have the money. I'm also gona be sending out some letters to NatWest & Alliance & Leicester in the next few days.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks