triton and natwest

janes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am having problems with Triton. I had an arranged debt management plan with natwest and missed one payment. I got a letter and then a phone call from triton. They were horrible told me I had to pay full debt in 14 days or ccj and there would be a lean on my house or baliffs comming.

I requested from natwest a year ago details of ppi I had paid (now cancelled) I have sinced phoned them 4 times for details. They have now admitted they have the letter and said they would pass it on. I phoned triton to explain this and they have said they would give 2 weeks to sort out ppi claim and then pass over for court action

can they do this ? I am really worried I may lose my job if they start court proceedings

triton said if I wanted pay by installements I would have to £600 a month and they would except any thing lower

Hi,

I do recommend you stop phoning them. That is their tool of choice for threatening all sorts which they would never dare to put in writing.

For your information, If they went to court and won the case, so long as you maintained payments ordered by the court, no bailiff would ever call. They may get a charging order but agian, so long as you maintained payments, they couldn't force the sale.

Can you give us a few more detals about this debt (credit card, loan, overdraft)

I'm not sure how this may affect you job (unless you are not allowed to have a CCJ)

Edited by silverfox1961
can't spell-well it is late

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Janes,

The CCJ if ever awarded will not appear on your CRB.

Send Triton/Natwest a CCA request, enclose £1 postal order, print your name (DO NOT SIGN) and send by recorded delivery.

Triton are Natwests in-house threat monkies so whatever they tell you on the telephone is to bully you into a repayment plan.

Wait the 12 + 2 working days and then you can legally with-hold payment if you get no reply or an unenforceable agreement.

When/if you receive anything back, post up on here but remove your personal details, barcodes and reference numbers and the full amount to protect your identity.

CCA request letter below....

Dear Sir/Madam

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I

require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the

above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time

limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions

of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the

case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the

creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you

are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and

duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From

Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. ote that these

funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm

this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit

for compliance, and return the fee.

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be

your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules,

you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish

to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully

Print Your Name (DO NOT SIGN)

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 2 months later...

Hi (sorry dont know how to put new post on)

I am also being chased by nasty **** trition. I have credit card debt with natwest. I have asked for over a year to look at ppi (now cancelled) they have finally started to look at. Trition say I still have to pay when I said I dont know how much I owe because of ppi they said if I over pay they will give back???

I said no so they said they would instruct solictors. I asked for copy of credit agreement and got a copy of something not sure what they have put my name on wrong and there is no signature or date.

Can they take me to court whilst they are still investigating ppi claim. I was paying ppi for 10 years mostly only 10 per month but it will help reduce the balance. I do not remember agreeing to it . This is why I asked for credit ageement I thought that might say

Hi Janes,

It's very early days in this dispute so its highly unlikely they'd go to court yet. Classic threats to make you panic and pay up.

Right - you need to scan the agreement they've sent, blank out all personal details / barcodes etc and post it on here so we can help decide the next step.

When was the agreement taken out?

As above, keep off the phone, keep everything in writing. Don't send any response without checking on here first.

How much have you paid for the PPI? Have you added interest to the claim?

Kind regards,

Elsa x

Hi (sorry dont know how to put new post on)

I am also being chased by nasty **** trition. I have credit card debt with natwest. I have asked for over a year to look at ppi (now cancelled) they have finally started to look at. Trition say I still have to pay when I said I dont know how much I owe because of ppi they said if I over pay they will give back???

I said no so they said they would instruct solictors. I asked for copy of credit agreement and got a copy of something not sure what they have put my name on wrong and there is no signature or date.

Can they take me to court whilst they are still investigating ppi claim. I was paying ppi for 10 years mostly only 10 per month but it will help reduce the balance. I do not remember agreeing to it . This is why I asked for credit ageement I thought that might say

I would also request a full data SAR. We found Triton persistent buggers with their letters & phone calls but they do eventually drop off the radar, they’re part of RBS so nothing to worry about. They were chasing a natwest overdraft but after finally getting them to comply with a SAR and discovering the amount of charges they had applied over the years (which came to more than what they were chasing) I wrote back saying this is the amount you say we owe, this is the amount of unlawful charges you have levied to the account, do the sensible thing and drop this or if you still feel you have a claim then instigate court proceedings where I will vigorously defend and counter-claim for all the unlawful charges. Didn’t hear anymore for 3 months but now get the odd letter from wesclots.