personal loan with FLM and boyfriend is guarantor

lancydancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My sister in law has a personal loan with FLM and her boyfriend is guarantor for this. She's just recently become unemployed and is claiming JSA. Her boyfriend has also just entered into a DMP with CCCS.

At the moment she is paying all of her creditors £1 per month except for this one.

What happens if she starts paying them one pound a month? Will they be able to go to her boyfriend even though he is in a DMP and also cannot afford the payment?

Please help!

Hi,

My sister in law has a personal loan with FLM and her boyfriend is guarantor for this. She's just recently become unemployed and is claiming JSA. Her boyfriend has also just entered into a dmp with CCCS.

At the moment she is paying all of her creditors £1 per month except for this one.

What happens if she starts paying them one pound a month? Will they be able to go to her boyfriend even though he is in a dmp and also cannot afford the payment?

Please help!

Its not something that I know too much about, but, at the end of the day, if they can only pay that amount then thats an end to it.

The OC and any debt chasers will threaten all kinds of terrible things might/could/ happen but it is their income and priority debts must come first.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I've managed to search this out for you if it helps?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?250972-being-a-guarantor

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Unless he wants a nasty suprise if they proceed to taking payment from his account by direct debit without notice, her boyfriend needs to specifically cancel the direct debit now. Then at least he can take charge of negotiations.

When was the debt taken out?

We could help more if a copy of the agreement could be scanned and posted up, minus identifying details.

kind regards,

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Hi and thanks for all of the replies. I think they take it off his debit card if she doesn't pay, rather than by DD.

He has recently changed his bank account anyway as his overdraft on the bank he was using is included in his DMP with CCCS. And the card they have for him is for that particular account.

Does this help. I can probably get the agreement scanned in if you need me to.

Kind Regards

Hi again :-)

It's good that he's got a new main account with a different card. Not sure how it would affect his old account. To be on safe side so he doesn't incur charges, it might be best for him to write to his former bank and state that he rescinds any prior instructions for debit payments to be made to a/c no xxxx and company name.

It may help for us to see the agreement, to check whether its enforceable. Much depends on year it was taken out..

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

As I understand it, and having been a guarantor previously (Never again!) They will go to the guarantor for payments, however, as he is on a DMP anyway, it will be pretty fruitless IMO, either he adds them to his DMP and pays them the token amount, or she pays them the token payment, either way their not going to get their money any quicker.

I am quite astonished that he was ever allowed to be guarantor in the first place, as having a look on their website it states, that guarantors must be UK home owners, earn a minimum of £800 a month, and have a good credit history.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!