exclusive leather sofas

mask8007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

The Company has gone into liquidation and to make a claim you need to use the following information

Sharma & Co

257 Hagley Road

Birmingham

B16 9NA

01214542700 tel

01214558254 fax

These are apparently the company dealing with the liquidation, hope it helps

Yes, as I have also replied on your other thread - if you are genuine, please do the honorable thing and help out all of s who have been ripped off by these fraudsters? I do apologise if I sound a little mistrustful, but as anyone with any dealings with - Leather Lords/ELS/Exclusive Leather Sofas whatever they are called at the moment - will say, it's not surprising.

We need , where the furniture is - and the delivery men who emptied the store WILL KNOW THIS! We already know the main players in all this - how about doing the honourable thing?

everyone knows the names of who was involved, this has already been addressed in this thread i believe

i've had no part in this "[problem]" thank you very much

your quote of - "the directors will open up again somewhere else under a different name." is inaccurate this isn't definite, its just something i "believe" will happen

the furniture i am not sure of its location at this moment in time.

Edited by dx100uk
no pers info please

If you were that concerned you would have done the honourable thing nd called all customers whow had left a deposit, I'm presuming there was a filing system with customers invoices who were waiting on furniture to be be delivered so rather than patronising us telling us u will help when u know as well as I do that u cant get ourd money back

for the record no member of staff had any idea of what was going on

Edited by jipcus

Would anybody like to contact Rogue Trader on the BBC, by the way jipcus would you like to give an Interview? I guess not!

i don't mind being interviewed

i don't see why i am the target of your anger when i have invited you all to ask questions

this isn't my fault

nor will i take responsibility

Hi, i need to know if you can help me locate them as i have placed a lot of money with them, what information can you give me were you sales or accounts as i need as much information as i can get to put my case together.

thanks

The back door is probably open because they hope that the stock remaining will be stolen, this will then reduce what they have in assets, they can say - it was all stolen from Cannock!!!!!! My God, the stuff that these people will do, they are more slippery than a bucket of snails, and much more repulsive!

Hi all,

The Company has gone into liquidation and to make a claim you need to use the following information

Sharma & Co

257 Hagley Road

Birmingham

B16 9NA

01214542700 tel

01214558254 fax

Thank you, this information is really useful for making a visa debit chargeback claim. I will contact them to get confirmation in writing.

Hopefully in due course the liquidator will be able to return money to people who paid cash or cheque; fingers crossed for this.

Just to add my side to the story:

I ordered a suite from the Derby branch of ELSand paid a deposit of £200 on the 1st July....was told delivery should be 4 - 6 weeks.....fair enough....

I got a call at the beginning of August informing me that there was a slight problem, and that they weren't expecting to take delivery of the sofa until the first week of september due to a "boxing" issue...slightly miffed, but figured it was only a couple more weeks so would let it go. Unfortunately I was on holiday for the first week of September, but I hadn't had a call to specify a delivery date anyways, so decided I would just deal with it when I got back. Last saturday I got a call from the finanace company saying that ELS had confirmed I'd taken delivery of the sofa and to ask if there was anything I needeed from them and just checking in with me basically....I quickly told them that actually no, I hadn't taken delivery and would be dealing with ELS on the Monday...

Yesterday I rang and rang and no one answered either the Derby or Birmingham based numbers I had and the website was unavailable. Today I went to the store and it has been completely gutted. No sofas, no staff and no notice explaining anything at all. I've been on the phone to the finance company CCF and they don't seem to be aware that ELS has gone under as of yet, but suspected that they may have due to an increased number of calls from customers who took out finance with them. They said they would investigate and get back to me, and if I hadn't heard within a week to give them a call.

Fortunately, I should be able to recover the £200 deposit as I paid on my credit card, however I'm still completely stunned that ELS told the finance company that I had taken delivery when I hadn't...that's just out of order. I'll be calling the details that someone has fortunately provided within this thread, for the administrators tomorrow. I have to say though that if it wasn't for this forum post, I would never have found anything at all about this, so thank you to those that have posted the helpful info.

Cheers,

Dave

I purchased a sofa from their clearenc line on bank holiday monday and paid via my debit card...in full. I was waiting for delivery today until i got hit by the news. What a joke. Somewhere sitting in a warehouse there is my sofa that i paid in full for, and there is nothing we can do about it. I am so annoyed that these kind of things can still happen. I'll try the contacts number posted on here but i wouldn't hold much hope as i bet these fraudsters will have just up'd sticks and not closed the business down in the correct mannor. Apparently the owners of the birmingham branch have appointed solicitors to deal with any issues, they are .....howell and co, 1341 stratford road, hall grenn, b28 9hn. no contat numbers outside the store but maybe this could be another route? chin up people, we're all in this together... we might have lost money but at least we can sleep sound unlike the lowlifes that ran this sham!!!!!

Called my bank and they we're a bit awkward. Said to call them back in about a week once they know who will be dealing with the creditors and they might persue them. The worst part about the whole thing is that i had the british heart foundation collect my old sofas at 9.30am this morning... so im sat on a deck chair as i write. You could note write a comedy with this kind of crap in it!!!

Sorry to hear you're also in this situation.

Did you use visa debit or maestro/switch?

If it's visa debit, you can raise a 'chargeback' claim with your bank, which might be the best route for getting your money back.

Daft isn't it.. I'm sitting on a wooden chair right now (no sofa for the last 9 weeks... ) and yes before that it was deck chairs... agh!

I called my bank (Barclays) twice. First attempt they were a bit awkward and insisted on written proof of liquidation. I got some advice from consumer direct and they suggested I call back.

Second attempt they seemed to accept that since the goods were already late there was a legitimate dispute, so they raised a claim. I'm waiting for a 'disclaimer' form to come through, and will probably have to send them some written proof that either I've contacted the company or the company are in liquidation. I'm writing recorded delivery to both ELS (this will come back undelivered) and the liquidator, Sharma & Co.

Well lets hope ur telling the truth cuz you know what, what goes around comes around.

i have offered help to people, i've invited you to ask questions i've given answers

that's it

i'm out

sort this mess out yourselves.

i worked alongside these guys for many years, enjoyed every moment of it, i've come on here to help you all as much as i can but why should i bother

call me selfish i don't mind

thanks

Hopefully in due course the liquidator will be able to return money to people who paid cash or cheque; fingers crossed for this.

I just called Sharma & Co and they are not dealining with it at all.They said they were approched but have confirmed they are not handling this. They said it is a winding up order that has been made against ELS. Just another dead end. Not sure what the next step is now for all of us who have lost out!!??!!??

I just called Sharma & Co and they are not dealining with it at all.They said they were approched but have confirmed they are not handling this. They said it is a winding up order that has been made against ELS. Just another dead end. Not sure what the next step is now for all of us who have lost out!!??!!??

Hi

I have just phoned and they said the winding up order will be in manchester high court on 20th september

What can we do now

Hi all,

Sharma & Co

257 Hagley Road

Birmingham

B16 9NA

01214542700 tel

01214558254 fax

We were approached by the Directors to assist in placing Exclusive Leather Sofas Limited (Company Number 04290207) into Creditors Voluntary Liquidation but we are no longer instructed in this matter.

A winding-up petition has been presented and is due to be heard at Manchester High Court on 20th September 2010 at 10.00am. Our understanding is that this petition will not be opposed.

Please refer to the Notice placed in the London Gazette on Tuesday 7th September 2010.

Date:7 September 2010 Issue Number:59538 Page number:17280 Publication Date: Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Manchester District Registry No 1812 of 2010

In the Matter of EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company of Longford Island, Watling Street, Cannock WS11 1SH, presented on 21 July 2010 by HTL UK Limited, of Unit M Metro Business Park, Clough Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent ST1 4AF, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard at the Manchester Civil Justice Centre, 1 Bridge Street West, Manchester M60 4DJ, on 20 September 2010, at 10.00 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or its Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 17 September 2010.

The Petitioner’s Solicitor is KJD Freeth LLP, Churchill House, Regent Road, Stoke on Trent ST1 3RQ, (Ref mjc/Ht1/63an.)

2 September 2010.

Sharma & Co

Hi, CHECK FROM YOUR INVOICE WHICH COMPANY NAME YOU HAVE BOUGHT FROM

With regards to the company going into liquidation and to make a claim

FOR LEATHER LORDS CUSTOMERS ONLY

SHARMA AND CO

257 HAGLEY ROAD

BIRMINGHAM

B16 9NA

01214542700 TEL

01214558254 FAX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS (ELS) CUSTOMERS ONLY

KJD FREETH LLP

CHURCHILL HOUSE

REGENT ROAD

STOKE ON TRENT

ST1 3RQ

01782202020 SWITCHBOARD

01782202041 FAX

Posted a thread yesterday about sharma yesterday if you have called them and asked for ELS they cannot help but are dealing with Leather Lords, hope this will help, sorry for the confusion.

Hi, CHECK FROM YOUR INVOICE WHICH COMPANY NAME YOU HAVE BOUGHT FROM

With regards to the company going into liquidation and to make a claim

FOR LEATHER LORDS CUSTOMERS ONLY

SHARMA AND CO

257 HAGLEY ROAD

BIRMINGHAM

B16 9NA

01214542700 TEL

01214558254 FAX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS (ELS) CUSTOMERS ONLY

KJD FREETH LLP

CHURCHILL HOUSE

REGENT ROAD

STOKE ON TRENT

ST1 3RQ

01782202020 SWITCHBOARD

01782202041 FAX

Posted a thread yesterday about sharma yesterday if you have called them and asked for ELS they cannot help but are dealing with Leather Lords, hope this will help, sorry for the confusion.

Hi haylou - thanks very much for that info - I have just rang Sharma & Co, & got added to the long list of creditors. They did say that Leather Lords has NOT YET gone into liquidation.... but ELS has, hence the Manchester notice. Thanks again.

I purchased a sofa from their clearenc line on bank holiday monday and paid via my debit card...in full. I was waiting for delivery today until i got hit by the news. What a joke. Somewhere sitting in a warehouse there is my sofa that i paid in full for, and there is nothing we can do about it. I am so annoyed that these kind of things can still happen. I'll try the contacts number posted on here but i wouldn't hold much hope as i bet these fraudsters will have just up'd sticks and not closed the business down in the correct mannor. Apparently the owners of the birmingham branch have appointed solicitors to deal with any issues, they are .....howell and co, 1341 stratford road, hall grenn, b28 9hn. no contat numbers outside the store but maybe this could be another route? chin up people, we're all in this together... we might have lost money but at least we can sleep sound unlike the lowlifes that ran this sham!!!!!

Howell are the solicitor of the landlord of the premises so they are owed rent.

What a mess

Sadly these people have a long history. I got stung by them - ordered furniture last October and cancelled the contract in April after receiving every excuse going and lots of insults from the Cannock staff. Fortunately I had paid by credit card and although I had major problems with my bank Lloyds TSB in getting them to pay up - I eventually got a full refund. The only problem is these people will just fold this business and will be back in business very soon - if not now. They have been working hard to make sure you cannot find their home address through Companies House etc. They need a home visit!

Just to repeat a couple of suggestions that were made by people earlier in this thread in case anyone hasn't seen these:

If you believe that you may have been a victim of fraud, you can report your experience to:

double u double u double dot actionfraud dot org dot uk (sorry, I'm a new poster, can't do links)

You can also report to the relevant council's trading standards dept:

(Birmingham branch):

double u double u double dot birmingham dot gov dot uk forward slash tradingstandards

I have done both - the forms are pretty quick to fill out I also found the info pages on actionfraud very clear.

I hope your faith in trading standards is rewarded. Once it became obvious to me what this firm was up to ie taking as much cash in up front before winding up the company, I tried to get Staffordshire trading standards interested. They had loads of complaints about this company but still allowed innocent people to keep going to the store and hand over cash when they knew there were a host of people not receiving goods. They advised me how to terminate my contract and get my money back from the bank if the firm did not respond but they should have acted against this company months ago or at least issued a buyer beware warning.

I hope your faith in trading standards is rewarded. Once it became obvious to me what this firm was up to ie taking as much cash in up front before winding up the company, I tried to get Staffordshire trading standards interested. They had loads of complaints about this company but still allowed innocent people to keep going to the store and hand over cash when they knew there were a host of people not receiving goods. They advised me how to terminate my contract and get my money back from the bank if the firm did not respond but they should have acted against this company months ago or at least issued a buyer beware warning.

I also became suspicious and on the 31st August asked Staffs Trading Standards for info on ELS and a company they said was based in Italy called New Trend Concepts who were supposed to making my leather sofa, but strangely their website did a disappearing act around the time this all this kicked off. TS replied on the 2nd September and simply offered general advice on what do if they don't deliver and no mention of other complaints, of which there must be many. The only advice they gave with regard to New Trend Concepts was the following...

'Unfortunately, I do not have any information from the public domain to share about the trader New Trent Concepts. It may be an idea to try and get information from other retailers that sell this type of furniture'.

It makes me think they do have information but are unwilling to reveal it in case the offending company find out and sue for liable/slander. In other words TS are powerless unltil and actual offence has been committed. That's why these a... holes can keep on getting away with it.