footix2

Late payment and interest on a nursery debt.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3615 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was just wondering if a business can legitimately charge interest and charges (of £25) to a consumer for late-payments.

Due to an oversight we did not settle our final bill when our child left nursery and it is now quite overdue. I know of at least two late payment charges and today received an interest charge also.

I suspect the charges are probably legal. Although they were introduced part way through my childs time at nursery. But it is my understand that interest can only be charged on commercial (business to business) debts.

I suspect neither were included in any original contract (if I even signed one)

I could find any information to support or disprove this though.

23.08.06 requested copy statements via phone, was promised call back (it never came) :mad:

25.08.06 Statements recieved :)

It would need to be part of your agreement, or the T&Cs covereing your use of their service. If the late fee and interest were simply applied without prior warning or discussion, you could challenge them.