nortel

Child Tax Credit - change from 4 weekly to weekly.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3615 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Ive tried to search on here and the rest of the internet but come up with nothing.

I currently get my Child Tax Credits 4 weekly, but am now considering changing to weekly to ease cash flow during the month as I get paid monthly at work.

My next 4 weekly payment is due to be paid this Tuesday (14/09/2010). If I phone up after his time to change to weekly, when will my weekly payments start? Will I need to wait 4 weeks?

Any help appreaciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

Its actually Child Tax Credit, and not Child Benefit Im asking about. I think anyone can ask for their Tax Credits to be paid weekly, but Child Benefit can only be paid 4 weekly unless you recieve other state benefits etc.

Im just wondering how long I would hev to wait for the weekly payments to kick in after my final 4 weekly payment.

I think it's probably just a case of changing the indicator on you file from 'M' to 'W' so pretty immediate, I'm sure there will be more responses.

I think it's probably just a case of changing the indicator on you file from 'M' to 'W' so pretty immediate, I'm sure there will be more responses.

I guess it all depends on whether Child Tax Credit is paid in advance or arrears?

once you phone up it normally takes 48 hours for the system to reissue a new payment shedule, so if you change it on the 4th you may get your next poayment on the 13th.

Again I cant say for sure as it is normally different for each person and how the computer wishes to issue a new payment date set but i dont think you will wait to long.

Thanks fir your reply.

Just wanted to check as when I enquired with the help line they couldn't tell me when my next payment would be after changing to weekly. I just don't want to have to wait 4 weeks for the payments to start otherwise it defeats the object of changing.

If tax credits are paid in arrears then I should recieve a payment a week or so later after my last 4 weekly payment?