Jump to content

Reclaiming Barclaycard PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I believe that I was mis-sold PPI for a Barclaycard credit card. At the time I was either unemployed, or working part-time. The terms and conditions were also not fully explained to me as the PPI policy was sold to me over the telephone by a representative of the credit card company who worried me into believing I needed it.


The complicated thing is that I no longer have any of my original statements for the credit card as I cancelled it last year, so I can't trace how much I paid in PPI or when the card was originally taken out. And also that I had the credit card for many years and in that time it changed lenders many times. Before Barclaycard, I believe the card was with Goldfish and before that it was with Morgan Stanley. It might also have been with someone else before this point. Possibly a credit card offered from Sky TV originally many years ago but it was for so many years I can't remember that far back.


The question is. Is it possible to request a statement from them (Barclaycard) showing a list of all PPI payments made for that credit card? I understand credit card companies have to keep records for the past 6 years, and as such the card passed between at least 3 different credit card companies in that time, but do all the records reside with the final company?


How do I request an itemised statement of these PPI payments? Is there a template?


I also would like to try and claim back charges for the same card, charged for things like going over the limit, or not paying the minimum monthly fees on time some months. Could I put in a request for those fees to be itemised at the same time? I know this last bit is off topic for this forum, but I wanted to know if the 2 can be handled at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Royal


Welcome to CAG


You can obtain all the info they hold on you for at least 6 years, send them a SAR Request with a postal order for £10. They have 40 days to respond to your request.

Send the following letter:-


Dear Sir/Madam


Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.


Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.


If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.


I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.


As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.


If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.


I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.


Yours faithfully




If you account is 12 years old, they will provide you with 6 years plus what ever they have.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...