will log book repo just turn up?

missisg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. looking for some advice after I was stupid enough to take out a log book loan from Cash Converters. A family of 4 currently on benefit, i just havent been able to maintain payments almost from the off. Now they say no more time, and have passed my account to the repo dept. Am panicking now cos the car needs work and more than likely not raise anywhere near enough to clear debt. What happens now?? Will they just turn up? or tell me when they're coming? Also, when they come, can I keep my tax disc for a refund? They're so agressive on the phone, darent ring and ask.

Hi missing,

Welcome to CAG

I would send them the following letter:-

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Harassment_by_telephone

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Debt_Collectors:_Doorstep_Visits

If they send a debt collector, he has no powers, do not let him in, do not talk to him, tell him to clear off or you'll call the police.

Let us know if you need more help.

Not an area of expertise for me but from what I have read unless you hide your car they will just turn up and take it. You will then have to argue about BOS etc when you have lost your car. Read through the threads in this forum as to the tactics they use. They also turn up in the early hours of the morning to do it.