UKPAO have £1000 + costs awarded against them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

News from Wakefield County Court today: UKPAO have had £1000 + £61.75 costs awarded against them in a case which looked purely at the harassment carried out by Steve Hall and Mark Clay's company.

The case looked at

• UKPAO's £3 a day 'liquidated damages'

• The pursuit of a keeper who was not the driver, despite being told 5 times

• UKPAO's threats that they could 'seize the car anywhere in the UK'

• Threats of bailiffs and bankruptcy

• Use of fake barcodes on their paperwork to add credence to their invoices

• The unsubstantiated increase in costs over time

• Stating that the DVLA have been contacted for keeper details when no such request was made

• The overalll conduct of UKPAO

Of course, neither Steve or Mark turned up to court. I also believe they were more than displeased when the claimant confronted them in their office in July.

I'm looking at getting further details that will help in tackling other PPC's.

Al, was this something you were directly involved in? If so would it be worthwhile issuing a press release on this?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• Stating that the DVLA have been contacted for keeper details when no such request was made

I suspect the are using the same database of car purchases as that used by MET

Have been on to the IC over MET obtaining my details this way and not the DVLA however they were more interested in the garage that put my details on it rather than the PPC

Main thing is it is yet another defence should they ever be foolish enough to try court. They have been invited but just will not play ball so remain disappointed :-(

I suspect the are using the same database of car purchases as that used by MET

Have been on to the IC over MET obtaining my details this way and not the DVLA however they were more interested in the garage that put my details on it rather than the PPC

Main thing is it is yet another defence should they ever be foolish enough to try court. They have been invited but just will not play ball so remain disappointed :-(

Any details on the car purchase database that they use ?

Good news on the UKPAO case. The details should be interesting.

the PPCs keep sending out paper so they are bound to send some to someone who has the gumption and the skill to do something about it.

Look at what has happened to clamping, I bet the clown that clamped Betty Boothroyd is VERY popular with his clamp-mates.