DarenJ

2nd Charge on a mortgage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3617 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm a 2nd charge on a £172,000 mortgage, my Ex wife lives in the property valued at about £185,000 with our 3 children youngest being 14. The property is in her sole name. She is about to re-marry, between her new partner and herself they can't raise enough money to remortgage. He has his own business and only takes a small salary for tax reasons, she earns very little but they pay the mortgage every month. He has recently come into about £90,000 and i understood they were going to try and reduce the mortgage and remortgage on what left, this hasn't happened. I would like to buy a house and start over myself but find i'm responsible for the £172,000.

any advice would be great.

When you say you are a 2nd charge, do you mean that this is a joint 1st charge mortgage with both you and your wife named as joint borrowers ?

You say that she is now your ex-wife, this would suggest that divorce proceedings have concluded.. What was agreed to happen to the house...

Hi,

the 1st charge as i understand it is the Abbey and my name is the only other on the mortgage, i agreed to transfer the house to her which has been done foolishly!. With regards to anything else regarding the mortgage i can't see anything in the divorce settlement. So as i understand it i can't do much until my youngest has left full time education or until he is 18. I was hoping that i might be able to force their hand seeing as they are now getting married.

any thoughts?

thanks for your help.