• Tweets

• I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
mackembulldog

Hillesden CCA responded to. HELP!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Received a punch of paperwork from Hillesden today. Which included the following;

A signature form with my signature on it (the little slip atthe bottom of a credit agreement but no actual credit agreement terms/amount etc, like I say just a slip with a signature on it)

A copy of a credit card agreement with no signature on it.

A bunch of statements (only 5 covering 2 months) with APR at 24.9% with lots of interest, late payment fees, over limit fees etc.

Now the confusing thing is this... the little slip of paper with my signature on it has interest rate of 12.9%, the statements have 24.9%, the credit card agreement with no signature has conflicting fees etc.

Not sure where I go from here now. Please help!!! Starting to panic

Edit: there is also reference to the account being sold on one of the statements (27/01/2006)

Edited by mackembulldog
new info

When was the last payment made on this account, doesn't sound like much 'correct' paperwork to me, is this in response to a CCA request?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

This paperwork is following a CCA request.

The MBNA account doesnt show the last payment made. The earliest statement that was provided was 5/11/2005 showing a past due amount of 421.87 and a minimum payment of 514.65

Amongst the statements it shows the account sold January 2001.

Im confused as to what they have actually sent me to be honest and as I mentioned, find it a little odd to send me a photocopy of my signature just on a tear off slip (dated 2001). This has my old address on it. Weird thing is this other 'copy of credit agreement' has a different address and no signature. I will try and scan these items if possible if it makes it clearer

When you applied for the CCA did your request have the following sentence added:

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the CCA you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists and in what form (microfiche) etc.

It sounds as though they have complied by sending a reconstituted agreement which is just that, a mock up of what your Agreement 'might' have looked like, which does in fact satisfy your request if that sentence was not present.

Personally I would send them an account in dispute letter, amending to include that sentence.

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Here are the images of what Ive been sent, hope this helps with being able to advise me on what to do next

signatureedit.jpg[/img]

copycreditedit.jpg[/img]

statementedit.jpg[/img]

Edited by mackembulldog

OK, you need to remove the bar code.

I would still follow my advice in the previous post.

When you applied for the CCA did your request have the following sentence added:

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the CCA you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists and in what form (microfiche) etc.

It sounds as though they have complied by sending a reconstituted agreement which is just that, a mock up of what your Agreement 'might' have looked like, which does in fact satisfy your request if that sentence was not present.

Personally I would send them an account in dispute letter, amending to include that sentence.

It did not have that sentence contained within unfortunately.

OK, you need to remove the bar code.

I would still follow my advice in the previous post.

Okay will do cheers.

Strangely enough I have received this from DLC (I know its the same company) but last headed paper was Hillesden.

Anyway.. all it said was 'further to our letter reagrding your request please find a copy of the requested documentation with MBNA' and that was it.. nothing else.

Could you point me to the correct letter to send?

Thanks again

Would this do the job?

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write in response to your letter, received on XX/XX/XXXX.

In my original letter, dated XX/XX/XXXX, I requested a copy of the credit agreement relating to the account detailed above. I expected to receive an exact copy of that which you hold in your records i.e. a copy of the agreement which is signed by myself and your representative.

Whilst I appreciate that under the regulations you are able to omit a signature and date box from the copy, I would like to hold in my records an exact copy of the document that you hold. I do not want a piece of paper that alludes to there being an agreement; I would like a photocopy of the actual agreement. I am requesting that you provide me a copy of the agreement that bears my signature as I have reason to believe that there may be discrepancies within the agreement which may leave it improperly executed. In order to be able to adjudge my position effectively I would require a copy of the actual agreement that apparently exists and I therefore appeal to you to fulfil my request.

In considering my request, I ask that you take a common sense approach and do not hold to the line that you have provided all that is expected of you nor the recent test case in Manchester, namely and to be known as: Carey v HSBC Bank Plc [2009] EWHC 3417 (QB) (23 December 2009).

I make my request in good faith and I feel it is a nonsense approach to hold to the idea that you won’t provide this document because you simply don’t have to. I feel that would take advantage of your position and such an approach from your business not be in the best interests of a healthy business/client relationship. I see no reason not to provide a photocopy of the requested document especially since you included a blank signature and date box on the copy you have sent. Why would it be necessary to not provide a photocopy of the actual document if you are going to send what you claim is an exact replica, minus the signatures? Why are you unwilling to provide the signatures anyway, I don’t really understand this stance? Unless, of course, you don’t actually have the document on record and so are unable to provide it, in which case I understand your actions. If it is the case that the original document is not in your possession, please advise this in your response letter.

I hope that you will find my request agreeable and look forward to your response within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Think I may have to rewrite this rather than just using copy and paste.

Having read a few bits and pieces around the net, it looks like the DCA can get away with sending reconstituted credit to conform to a CCA request but without a true single document containing all of the prescribed terms a debt cannot be enforced in a court of law without it.

quote:

In view of the Manchester Test cases, the likelihood of a debtor successfully taking action against a bank for non compliance of section 78 of the Act, in terms of not providing the 'reconstituted' paperwork when requested, is nil.

However, the Judge did confirm that if a lender could not supply a copy of the credit agreement, then this automatically prevented them from using the courts to chase a debt until such time as they could come up with a copy. This is perhaps why we know of very few cases being taken to County Court for non payment of credit card and personal loan type debt. The bank will run the risk in such cases of non compliance that not only a judgement may not be made, but the outcome of such a ruling may make the debt legally unenforceable.

I may be getting confused here. It seems to me that if they have anything with your signature on it then the debt is enforceable? So reconstituted paperwork is allowed???

Edited by mackembulldog

Still not sure if this is actually defined as a true copy. I forget scan the other side of the first document.

Just so you are aware, the front signature form has my name and address on it, the Signature box is signed and dated.

Does anyone think that this is adequate to enforce/take to court? I just need some clarification before I send a dispute letter and make myself look stupider than I already am

Thanks

Front of slip

signatureedit.jpg[/img]

Back of slip

sigslipback.jpg[/img]