Debt Selling!!!

twoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers,

I have been told by a very reliable source that a certain major high street bank have been told not to sell any more debt as they would have sold more debt than they have themselves and to start negotiating themselves with consumers and are prepared to accept as little as £1 per month for debts.

...a certain major high street bank... ... to start negotiating themselves with consumers....

Interesting. This goes back to what I've been telling DCA's all along - that the original creditor should take responsibility for their own debts and liaise with the customer to recover what they can. The moment they sell it to a DCA is when I lose interest in paying - I don't owe a DCA anything, the financial company have written my debt off - end of.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Guest HeftyHippo

what bank is this?

i sympathise with hilliards, but debts are not seen as liabilities, they're seen as assests and when they can't be collected on, theyre sold. funny that.

Regardless, I owe the bank X amount of money, they sell it on and recoup their losses through the sale and their insurance, yet some tin pot DCA expects me to pay full dividends!!

Get real, I owe the bank not some tin pot inept DCA, hence zero payment, if the bank wanted their money they wouldn't employ or sell it onto these hilarious DCA's who can jus about collect water in a bucket!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Funny that, I wrote to FD saying I couldn't pay them anymore, offered £1 /month or whatever, they said no and close account and passed the date on... OK, so it's to Metropolitan, which is part of HSBC too, and they've been trying to hassle me; point is, how is that going to make a difference to my situation? Whether it's FD or their pet DCA, I still can't afford to pay more than that, so why didn't FD pass on my letter to Metrop as well? It would make more sense, surely?

Sorry, slightly OT, I know, but it was the £1/mth that got me started. :-(

I am interested in this one since citibank sold my mother debt to a DCA 12 months after she died which I think is somewhat suspicious - (the notice of assignent is addressed to the estate of etc) Afterall as I have been told on here in order to show due diligence in dealing with the estate I have to ask for evidence of the debt -ie the original agreement before I agree to release any funds when the estate is finally sold

Other one was sold to Worst credit who I emailed a copy of the death certificate and now more recently it has been sold on again to someone else who also knows that they are dealing with a deceased account

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Now that very shady tactic defo needs reporting, out of principle I would take these muppets round the house before they ever get to see a single penny, that is of course, if indeed they are due anything.:-x

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!