1st Credit & LCS Battle - court papers received - help

newman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I thougt it was too good to be true.

After receiving the last letter in Jan stating that if they hadnt heard from me in 7 days they would pass the matter to their bankruptcy department for the immediate issue of a statutory demand under the insolvency act, I decided to play the waiting game with this bunch as I have been stressed enough without getting into any further discussions with them.

Well guess what nothing came until the 22-03-2011 and another letter as follows

Dear Sir

RE: 1st Credit Ltd - Citifinancial Outstanding Balance £6,727.12

We have been instructed by 1st Credit Limited to collect this long overdue debt.

We have recently undertaken a thorough review of your account and our client is disappointed that it has not received payment despite its prior communications.

Our client is in a position to issue legal proceedings against you which may result in a judgement being obtained. If you do not pay the judgement debt then it is our client's prerogative to enforce the judgement debt with any of the various enforcement methods available, namely an attachement of earnings or a warrant of execution. This would lead to further costs being added to the judgement debt.

Our client offers you this last opportunity to pay the money due (didnt they say they were going to immediatley issue a statutory demand the last time if I didnt pay within 7 days?. This is now about the 10th "last apportunity to pay"). Please call our offices on telephone number 0843 221 9300 to discuss your proposals. If we do not hear from you within seven days of this letter then our client will commence proceedings.

Well that was over 2 weeks ago and I have just had a call from someone from Connaught! Needles to say it was a very short call as I think the chap on the other end of the phone got fed up asking me to confirm if I was Mr .......... and he didnt seem very happy when I asked for his name and also for him to prove who he was either.

They just don't seem to get it.

I think I can see in the distance the land of "Statute Barred" appearing through the clouds! Only another 2 years of waiting to go. I think I like the waiting game more than the tennis match of letters game!!!!

Edited by newman

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates for us newman?

x

Nikki - Huge apologies but I totally misssed your post at the end of Feb - I am sorry I wasnt deliberately ignoroing you. I didnt have my lap top for a couple of weeks at that time as it was being repaired and so I must have missed the email notifying me you had posted - sorry if I hurt your feelings by not coming back to you.

I have just updated with the latest letter and call.

Thanks very much for your post.

x

Computer is on the roundabout cycle!

Hi Bazooka Boo

I agree - or the stuck record cycle.

Will they get the message I wonder or will they now pass me onto their in house "legal team" I wonder.

Maybe I should start taking bets on what their next course of action will be - maybe I could raise some cash that way and offer them a settement!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well well another letter today and a phone call which I missed but they kindly left a message which got accidentally deleted! Shame.

Despite giving me a last opportunity to pay last time and informing me that their client was in a [position to issue legal proceedings against me if I didnt respond, they have now sent me this letter which is very good for a laugh.

Dear sir (not even Dear Mr xxxxx)

Re Ist Credit Ltd - Citfinancial Outstandoing Balance £6,727.12

PAY WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS TO GIUARANTEE MAXIMUM DISCOUNT AVAILABILITY

In terms of economic hardship and through maintaining your repayment [plan you have proven to be a valued customer.

We are currently in a position to allow generous discounts to many of our paying customers. We will not be able to make this offer indefinitely.

With this in mnd we are pleased to offer yopu this opportunity to settle your debt by way of a full and final settlement of up to 30%

Payment within 10 days will ensure maximum discount available as shown below

Days to Pay Discount Discount Balance

0/10 30% £4,708.99

11/30 20% £5,381.71

31/60 10% £6.054.42

To take full advantage pof this generous offer call us now

Yours sincerely

Connaught Collections

==========0============0==============0================0

Now as generous as this is of them to offer me a lovely discount I think I will pass on taking them up on this offer.

It is also interesting to note that they have called me a valued customer because of maintaining my payment plan and that they are in a position to allow generous discounts to paying customers! I am not sure who's notes they are reading but I havent made any payment for over three years now for as long as this has been in dispute!

Well this one goes in the file along with all of the rest of them.

They must be desperate for some holiday money!!:violin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi newman,

and might i say your a true insperation,,all those 7 days or else from these cretins and your stilll here,,,whooppp,,,it just proves how toothless and damright rotten this lot are,,to try any tactic to decive a frighten,

i too an i fear starting along your path,,mines 3yrs without corrspondane ,,now they say there sending the long awaited cca,,some 2 yrs late from cca request,sending 40odd pages,of what might be emergency a,,,ewipe,,mine too was a citi card,,actually a peoples b4 that,i wouldnt have the fight im me 4sure if not 4 these brilliant guys on here,,there amazing,,,so keep up the fight newman and ill keep u informed if i start getting all the threatograms,,

Hi Loser4U, Brigadier & Scott12345,

Apologies for not responding immediatley but I wanted to have a break over Easter.

Scott its very nice of you to give me such an amazing compliment and it is very well received - thank you - however, I definately dont feel like an inspiration at all - quite the opposite actually. I am really just stumbling along trying to do the best I can with what has been an enormously difficult and stressful situation. - What I have been doing is taking a lot of time recently to educate myself further and I have come across a couple of excellent websites that I really feel I need to mention - websites removed

On both of these websites there is a huge amount of information relating to dealing with creditors & DCA, baliffs etc. They have a very interesting approach which I am beginning to get my head around. a lot of people on these websites have very successfully seen off DCA's & creditors and they seem to use a series of 3 letters & then a fee charging mechanism. Rather than trying to take a lot of space up on this thread I would recommend that people have a look at these websites. I think I will start a new thread as I dotn want to hijack my own thread.

Anyway I am actually now beginning to see that there may in fact be a way ahead that I feel happy that I could employ and I will keep updating this thread as I am getting somewhat tired of having to keep just filing letters from an entity that clearly have no power whatsoever.

Oh it seems that the websites have been removed - not sure why as they have great information there.

Edited by newman
please read forum rules before posting links

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well they have notched it up a gear now as a letter arrived this morning from Judge & Priestley Solicitors

as follows. I have pasted the main text and also attached a copy with my personal details blanked out.

Any advice how best to deal with this would be very welcome or do I just ignore them as well?

I am more worried now than I was before and my wife is hugely worried about this now.

Mr '---

Our Ref:

Your Ref:

Date: 03/05/2011

Dear Sir,

Re: Debt due to-1st Credit (Financer-Ltd -folloWing--an assig-nlfretft between-1ST'

Credit Ltd - Citifinancial- Total Debt Outstanding: £6,727.12

We refer to our previous correspondence with respect to the above mentioned debt.

We have been instructed by our client that you have failed to respond to all reasonable requests to settle this outstanding debt and have failed to identify any reason why the debt is not due or owing.

In order to avoid legal proceedings being issued against you and costs being incurred you should make payment of this debt immediately.

You can contact us if you wish to discuss possible repayment options on the telephone number and contact details provided above.

You can also seek free independent advice and assistance from such organisations as listed in the table attached to the back of this letter.

Your remittance should be sent to Connaught Collections, The Omnibus Building, Lesbourne Road, Reigate, RH2 7JP and should be made payable to our client, Connaught Collections.

If you believe that there is a good reason for your failure to settle our client's account, please advise them immediately upon receipt of this letter. If you do not respond to this letter it will be taken that you have no good reason foryour failure to pay the account and that such sum

is properly due and payable. We will refer to this letter on the question of costs should proceedings subsequently be issued.

SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES CONCERNINGYOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASECONTACT

OURCLIENT ON TELEPHONENUMBER0843 221 9300.

Yours faithfully

Judge & Priestley LLP - (COMPUTER GENERATED SIGNATURE)

JUDGE & PRIESTLEY LLP

REGULATED BY THE SOUCfTORS REGULATION AUTHORITY

Judge & Prlestley Is the trading name of Judge & Prlestley LLP. Judge & Prlestley LLPis a limited liability partnership registered in England and

Wales. Registration no: OC312733. Registered office: Justln House, 6 West Street, Bromley, Kent BR! UN.

110503 J&P Solicitors letter0001.pdf

Edited by newman

Hi Newman

I've seen these letters before Connaught seem let J&P to start proceedings then when papers are

issued they pass it onto LCS to carry it through this is what happened in my daughters case they then

applied for a stay on the proceedings for about 3 months then sought to lift the stay, we are now at the stage

of 1st agreeing for the case to go to mediation this month.

Don't ignore this letter if I am not mistaken J&P will have not been given full details of the claim against you

and probably will have no knowledge of the dispute as such.

I tried on numerous occasions to speak to one of the solicitors but they would never allow ilt.

I think you are going to have to write a missive in as much detail as possible and send it to J&P this might give more time

to start preparing a defence if needed later.

Keep us posted on developments as I am sure the guys will have more avice.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

J&P are a no win no fee firm, have you read their website? They like to blow their own trumpet, but their downfall will be the use of the NCCBC which they like to use.

Can you just run through where this is at currently, is it disputed?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks very much Brig - much appreciated - i do intend to write to them and am in the process of constructing a letter right now. Interestingly I did receive one letter from LCS back in Sept last year (its in this thread somewhere) threatening me with 7 days and then they handed it back to 1st Credit!

I think I have a lot of ammunititon to be honest after the way that 1st credit & connaughts have behaved and I am considering very carefully my next move.

Hi Newman

I've seen these letters before Connaught seem let J&P to start proceedings then when papers are

issued they pass it onto LCS to carry it through this is what happened in my daughters case they then

applied for a stay on the proceedings for about 3 months then sought to lift the stay, we are now at the stage

of 1st agreeing for the case to go to mediation this month.

Don't ignore this letter if I am not mistaken J&P will have not been given full details of the claim against you

and probably will have no knowledge of the dispute as such.

I tried on numerous occasions to speak to one of the solicitors but they would never allow ilt.

I think you are going to have to write a missive in as much detail as possible and send it to J&P this might give more time

to start preparing a defence if needed later.

Keep us posted on developments as I am sure the guys will have more avice.

Brig.

Edited by newman

Hi Bazooka Boo

Thanks for your reply - BTW what is the NCCBC? I am not familiar with this. The only NCCBC I know stands for Non-Coronary Collateral Blood Circulation but I am pretty sure you dont mean this!

I havent seen their website but I will go and have a look.

I did post a quite detailed timeline of events when I first started this thread and rather than repeating all of it again can I please ask you to go to the beginning of this thread and have a quick read - (to read the whole thread wont take that long) and that will give you a great feel for the timeline and just where things are at.

Basically to summarise very briefly - this is very much in dispute as far as I am concerned (although 1st crud have said they dont consider that it is!) I had the original account with Citi Fin, agreed a payment plan with them - they sold the account to 1st Cred and I asked for the usual OCCA & other documetnation and then after nearly 3 years of silence they started in earnest with this onslaught.

Since I wrote this thread I have taken the advice given and have just stopped responding to any of the communication I have received from anyone who has written to me or phoned. It seems that they have now handed this over as they are getting nowhere fast.

Any advice or thoughts would be very well received.

J&P are a no win no fee firm, have you read their website? They like to blow their own trumpet, but their downfall will be the use of the NCCBC which they like to use.

Can you just run through where this is at currently, is it disputed?

Edited by newman

Best of luck Newman please let me know how things turn out just

ask if there is anything I can help with.

Brig :-)

Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

It's where they issue court papers from and hope that people won't defend the claim, thereby, they win the judgement by default.

It is specifically set up to fast track court claims in BULK, cheaply and quickly, as soon as you enter a defence, the costs go up, and it is moved to a court local to you!

So you HAVE requested the CCA from 1st Crud, but they failed to supply it?

If so then JP can have this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?425-Letter-to-solicitors-threatening-legal-action-in-default-of-agreement-request

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks very much Bazooka and the letter is good too.

I had another look through the key events in all of this and I lodged a complaint with the Fin Ombudsmnen and put the account in dispute back in June 2007 and also wrote to both Citi Fin and 1st Credit officially disputing the default that had been registered against me as I had been maintaining the payments on my DMP that Citi Fin had agreed to before they suddenly sold the account to 1st Credit. I also asked for the CCA in the same month which they didint respond to and then in another letter they actually acknowledged that they hadnt responded within the timeframes allowed.

06-03-2010

Undated letter received from 1st C with pile of photocopied documents that apparently was my CCA!

They wanted confirmation that the signature was mine – THERE WAS NO SIG and that if it wasn’t mine could I provide a copy of my signature from an official document – passport etc. (needles to say I declined this request)

So it only took them 33 months to send a pile of paperwork they insisted is my agreement!!

Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

It's where they issue court papers from and hope that people won't defend the claim, thereby, they win the judgement by default.

It is specifically set up to fast track court claims in BULK, cheaply and quickly, as soon as you enter a defence, the costs go up, and it is moved to a court local to you!

So you HAVE requested the CCA from 1st Crud, but they failed to supply it?

If so then JP can have this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?425-Letter-to-solicitors-threatening-legal-action-in-default-of-agreement-request

Edited by newman

Can anyone tell me how to paste an image of a letter directly into the post as I can work out how to do it. I have seen this done in other posts relating to J&P HERETHis would be very helpful for future letters.

Thanks in advance

Hi Newman,

Sorry can't help with this one I am as much use as a chocolate tea pot with

that kind of thing, usually get on of my grandchildren to do it!!!!!:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Another letter on the 13th - exactly the same as the previous one and so I am going to wait this one out. I have heard nothing else for 2 weeks now and as has been said many times if they had enough on me to take me to court they would have done this long ago.

However, having said all that I want to be prepared and so could someone please help me. If they do write and start proceedings, I want to be ready and of course fight it so can someone please tell me if a CPR 31:14 is the correct letter to use if I want them to reveal to me exactly what infotrmation they are holding on my file which they would use in court.

I did ask this previosuly and no one came back to me. I want to have this in the background ready to use oif they start proceedings - I know they probably wont but I like to be prepared so I am not panicking.

I would be hugely grateful if someone - anyone can help me.

Manny thanks in advance.

If you receive a court claim form then yes request details under CPR 31:14.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I have had all these letters, 1st crud, LCS, CONoughts and old JP on an old barclaycard account, 3 years on thay have done f**k all, I wouldn't worry about a course of action until such time they actually instigate proceedings, which will be probably never.

Cerberusalert - thanks very much for that - very much appreciated. In the unlikely event that they do actually instigate proceedings and I then issue the CPR 31:14 - what exactly do they have to send me?

Alfwithhair - very interesting. Well it has been said many times in this thread that if they had enough to take me to court they would have done it long ago.

Lets see what transpires. I was going to write to them, however, I like the waiting game as its a lot less hassle and with the knowledge I now have from this fantastic bunch of people I feel confident of a good result if it did go to court.

Again thanks chaps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks