Pastor Jones cancels book bonfire

Guest Jason King
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Jason King

Personally, I don't know what the fuss was about. Who cares about burning copies of Kerrang!?

These heavy metal types seem to be sensitive souls.

What next? The NME calling for riots just because somebody uses a copy of it to put at the bottom of the hamster cage?

It's pathetic.

Very funny.:madgrin:

I've just read about this. The mad thing is (in reality), if they went and burned a few copies of The Bible, how many Christian extremists would probably go and kill a few Muslims. Not many I suspect.

However, God (or Allah) only knows how many innocent civilians may suffer at the hands of Muslim extremists if a few copies of their sacred book were destroyed.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I remember there being a very big furore over the screening of "The Last Temptation Of Christ" it was banned in some parts of Ireland and Priests were protesting against it.

Jerry Springer The Musical made life very difficult for its creators, Richard Thomas and Stewart Lee, they had death threats, had the Christian Voice protesting every performance and had to also cross picket lines manned by the BNP! Parts of the Christian community tried to bring Blasphemy charges against them and the cast.

In my opinion radicalism is alive and well in quite a few religions.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Attention seeker this supposed holy man seems. Hes only got a very small following in his church and probably thinks this will increase numbers.

Fool who should be disowned from the church or whatever called.

Was listening to five live amercian slot and they were saying how many commited christians had bought a copy of the koran to read it out of interest as in whats all the fuss about. So they said in a way this man had done the muslim side a favor for spreading the word of allah.

Now I dont go to church but believe in god.

If someone nearby was to suggest mass burning of the bible, I think I would get upset to be honest xx

I dont understand the muslim faith but think they deserve respect, they are not all fanatics xx

Also very childish as said was cancelled due to mosque not being now near ground zero and then later said postponed. The people dealing with the building of their mosque had to add they had never said it would not be placed where planned, so what all that was about and therefore the silly get running that little church will probably be heared of again. :(

Most gained from five live due to me not being able to sleep and well it is a good show (up all night)xx

I agree with Monx, HF, and LL. I have a lot of muslim friends and they get an awful lot of stick even though they live their lives without hurting anyone. Eid Mubarak to them by the way. As Monx said, extremists come in all forms of religon. I'm not religious myseld and personally think it causes more harm than good in the grand scheme of things. I think this so called pastor needs to be given a reality check. Why not do something to raise money for the families of 9/11, or something else posotive instead of trying to start a religious war.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Perhaps what he is trying top say that in a Western society where Christanity prevails, it is an offensive to burn the Koran, but acceptable to burn the bible. It seems we have more Muslim fanatics than christian fanatics but christanity is the older religion. There are a lot of decent muslims out there who are embarassed by the actions of a few fanatics however we should also remember that during the Dark Ages if you were not a member of the Catholic Church you stood a good chance of severe punishment and death and this in turn embarrassed many decent Christians.

As an atheist I've read the Bible, but not the Koran as I respect the Muslim views that it should not be translated, and I'm not willing to learn a whole new written language, and learn to read right to left just to enjoy what I see as a piece of fiction (which is how I view the Bible) :p, but this is my take on the Bible, and what little I know of the Koran. They are books that teach you how to live life as a good person, and the stories, ideologies and morals from the books are pure. The perversions come from the people who read these books and add their own interpretations. This is just some nutter highlighting that I am right :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It appears that God himself has now stepped in and told Pastor Jones not to burn the books.

This has to be a publicity stunt as that can only get Muslims backs up even more.

This bloke was a nutter alright and he's been given far too much publicity, but why is everybody here and in America so obsessed with saying nothing that will offend Muslims? If they don't like the West then why live in it?. Personally I feel that killing nearly 3,000 people in New York and then another few hundred in London, Madrid and the Bali quite offensive, but what is even more offensive is the appeasement that follows. We used to take terrorists and their sympathisers head-on in this country but now we just make them Government ministers or Mayors of London (not Boris). What next do you think - Abu Hamza for Home Secretary?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

...why is everybody here and in America so obsessed with saying nothing that will offend Muslims? ...

Personally, I try not to offend anyone. For my own tastes I find all murders in the name of religion a perversion of what the religion should stand for sickening.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I think the point is that Muslims (in general) have not caused all that hurt. It is Al Qaeda (who just happen to be Muslims) that have done it all. I guess every religion has it's extremists, but no others go as far as them to get there point across. I must agree with you a bit though Fred. If I was to go to Afghanistan and the likes, I would respect their ways and views and also their country. When in Rome, do as the Romans do sort of. If I didn't like it, I would come straight back home, rather than try and get them to think the way I do.

England is a multi-ethnic culture tho. We pride ourselves on being tolerant.

And as SOD'EM says, Al Qaeda are a militant Islamic group who happen to be Muslim, their reign of terror is not condoned by the vast majority of Muslims, so why should the vast majority of Muslims feel isolated in multi-cultural England?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

so why should the vast majority of Muslims feel isolated in multi-cultural England?

England used to be a predominantly Christian country that tolerated others' beliefs. We know now that it was the last government that wanted to change that.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

There was a big influx of people of all religions at the height of the British Commonwealth, That is when we became multicultural, not during the previous Labour government's rule. Just because the majority of people are Christian, doesn't give them any more rights in this country over Muslim or Sikh or Jewish or Catholic people (or even atheists such as me :p).

I have no respect for anyone who spreads hatred toward another just because of their religion or skin colour, and feeling threatened by anything that is words on a page shows how weak some peoples faiths are. This not only goes toward the silly self-proclaimed pastor, but also the silly people that were burning "The Satanic Verses" along side effigies of Salman Rushdie, and those crusading against "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown. The thing is, both those authors have gained world recognition and their books (that are at best mediocre) became number 1 best sellers, whereas if the religions ignored them they'd just have fizzled into obscurity.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I agree with most of what you say, but there is a line somewhere between tolerance of other faiths/religions/cultures and our own way of life becoming affected by that tolerance. I think that line has now been crossed and it happened because of Labour's decision to "rub the Right's nose in diversity" and flood the country with immigrants. Immigration is a good thing by and large and has served this country well historically, but in my opinion there has been way too much in the past decade or so. When British kids are having their education disrupted by it and British people can't get social housing or jobs because of it, mass immigration becomes damaging and this is bound to lead to the sort of intolerance that everyone wants to avoid.

Nothing will change under this government because, as was pointed out earlier, we don't make most of our own laws - these are made by unelected people in the Europe. The only way we will ever get control of the situation is by leaving the EU.

The thing to remember is that it is very misleading to say that Muslims attacked America on 9/11.

Saying so is tantamount to saying that there is currently a Christian occupying force in Afghanistan and therefore all Christians are evil.

The truth is, that on 9/11, some misguided men killed many innocent people. They were indiscriminate; it was an attack on American soil but against people from a wide range of nationalities and faiths. The attacks were indeed carried out by Muslims - but they were not representatives of the faith. They represented a radicalised section who interpret the Koran in a way that supports their views. Just like the Bible can be interpreted in many ways.

As far as I am concerned, all religions are as bad as each other. Pastor Jones demonstrated this by showing how tolerant his Christian beliefs are by threatening to burn the Koran...

As for the whole Mosque near ground zero thing - I think the world has more pressing issues right now. There is a great big Mosque just a few blocks away from ground zero, I've been there.