hallowitch

help us work this one out please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my son uses BT for his phone calls and line rental

sometimes when they are on the phone they can hear another conversation going in the background

anyway daughter uses his phone today to phone job centre woman at job centre said to daughter i will have to call you back can i get hold of on the number you are calling from 1234 daughter said thats not the number i am calling from 5678 job centre woman said no its coming up on here as 1234

when you phone sons house on 1234 and 5678 you get connected to sons house

sons bill is phone number 5678 and considering they rarely use the phone there call charges are about £40 per month

Dial 151 and report the fault. Someone has plugged your plug into the wrong socket in the exchange.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Dial 151 and report the fault. Someone has plugged your plug into the wrong socket in the exchange.

locutus thanks for the quick reply will get him on to it tomorrow when he comes home from work

should he complain about the call charges because if you do 1471 is says telephone number 1234 but he is billed for 5678

but both numbers connect to his house

151 is just to report faults, not to complain... I'd guess your son will have to wait for a bill to sort that side of things out. :(

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

he has been getting billed for the 5678 number for months and the call charges have been getting bigger and bigger

we only found out today about the 1234 number because of the lady in the job centre

OK, so he has been billed for some time for the 1234 number and he has nothing to do with that number? Either write to their complaints address:-

Customer Service Manager

BT Customer Correspondence Centre

Durham

DH98 1BT.

Or maybe even Email the CEO ian.livingston@bt.com

If he includes the full phone numbers, his name, address and BT account number they should sort it pretty quickly.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

thanks will get on to it today for him

son been told reason he has 2 phone numbers is because his broadband home hub has a different number