Ticket on SYL with one sign

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked before; I searched but couldn't find a similar thread.

I parked opposite my house on a SYL as all the bays were taken.

The street is around 200 yards long, with a slight bend halfway. I parked just after the bend. (Newbury Road, Bromley. Can't post links yet).

There is only one sign at the beginning of the road, furthest away from the bend and my car, which I had never seen. The line is not barred on either end.

Thus, the sign is aprox 100 yards away from the parked car around a slight bend.

The end closest to my car (around 80 yards) has no sign.

Edit: just had a look and unfortunately the street is in a controlled zone.

Is this enough to successfully appeal?

Thanks for your help.

Bart

Edited by rainio

If there are permit bays and paid for parking its likely you live in a CPZ controlled parking zone in which case each yellow line does not need a sign.

Assuming he is in a CPZ, then I would think the sign at the end of the road would overrule the underlying restriction. Therefore, I think the rules on spacing/distance from the sign would come into play, as there are potentially two different sets of regs for that line. (I don't know how close the signs have to be, but I am sure there is a reg for this.)

... just thought - unless the sign at the end of the road is a CPZ entrance sign. Can the OP advise on that?

There are 2 - one is around 1.5 feet across by 2 feet high with the words "Controlled ZONE", a red cross out circle filled in with blue (no waiting sign) and times (Mon - sat 0830am-630pm) whilst the other on the other side of the road is a small yellow sign with a no waiting sign but much smaller and the text "Mon - Sat 0300 am - 0630 pm".

Thank you for your amazingly speedy replies!

They are at the intersection of Newbury rd and Aylesbury rd in BR2.

The big sign is the CPZ entrance sign and all single yellows inside the zone are subject to it UNLESS signed otherwise.

The little yellow sign applies to the yellow line on that side of the road only.

So, which side were you on? The side with the yellow plate or the other side?

My car was 100 -120 yards away from the beginning of the road with those two signs (and around 80 yards from the other end of the road, where there are no parking signs for the yellow lines). Otherwise, there are numerous small signs down the round all stating the parking restriction of the parking bays ie. local parking permits between 1200- 1400, for which I have a permit.

Just looked on Google street view. The SYL on the bend at Newbury Road runs between two sets of parking bays. That being the case, it is entirely seperate to any other SYLs on that road, and as such does not have a yellow sign applicable to it.

As G&M said, a SYL in a CPZ does not need one. The hours on the CPZ entrance sign apply to it.

Still appeal it in writing within 14 days - plead innocent mistake, lots of different signs and restrictions along the road, and that you thought you could park there. You have a better than zero chance that they will cancel it - if not, it has only cost you a stamp, as they will hold the discounted rate for you while your appeal is being considered.