• Tweets

• dont think they are even allowed to offer settlement by instalments, they are not creditors.   read the letter carefully and understand what it doesn't actually say....like the word WILL anywhere.   they,  a DCA, can't recommend anything and their client most certainly wouldn't have disclosed anything to a powerless DCA about what their solicitors might or might not have said to them. and ofcourse a solicitor is in no position whatsoever to suggest to their client they get back to the DCA and tell the DCA to tell you their client will accept instalments!   the letter is a load of ole BS that is concocted by the dca without any input or knowledge of their client nor their clients solicitor...   dx      
    • The paediatric orthopaedic consultant at the fracture clinic told us today that he believes it is just a sprain behind the knee. I'm concerned my GP will say something along the lines of, 'you have seen a consultant, he says it will heal in 2 to 3 weeks, you don't know more than him!', or something like that. It's just that I believe I can clearly see a fracture. And as there was no fall or hard knock, only a very tightly streched knee bending at an angle behind, with a load. I figured that the temdon must have pulled some bone up. And thats the injury I found online. I totally take on board what you are saying. You are correct. I guess I'll see what my GP says tomorrow, hopefully she allows me to email the images, if she doesent have access to them already. Thanks again
    • Make a appointment ASAP to see child GP and let them sort it out and not Dr Google.   You may need to see a paediatric orthopaedic consultant for advice, a GP can refer the child if necessary.
    • As dx's post 2 above.  Toilet paper from paper tigers.  Settle back, relax & ignore.
    • Would you be content with the following X-Ray image being explained as a "sprain behind the kneecap"?   My 11 year old son wrapped his leg around the extention of a zip line at the local park a few days ago, then used that foot to hold on to a bar behind him before raising his right leg and enjoying the ride down.   He cannot straighten or bend the knee without pain and the affected kneecap is higher than the other. Following an X-Ray at A&E the Doctor sent us to the fracture clinic.   At the clinic the consultant told us it was a sprain behind the kneecap which will heal in 2 to 3 weeks.   When I pointed out what I thought looked like fracture he said that if this xray was from an adult, he would say it is fractured, but an 11 year old bone growth can present like this. Who am I to argue? If anyone understands how this possible please enlighten me.   Looking at X-Rays online, the condition in the title is what resembles my sons X-Ray the most. And learning that late treatment in children will cause issues with bone growth later on down the road. which is very worrying.   Thank You for reading this far, any opinions will be most welcome  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
rainio

Ticket on SYL with one sign

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked before; I searched but couldn't find a similar thread.

I parked opposite my house on a SYL as all the bays were taken.

The street is around 200 yards long, with a slight bend halfway. I parked just after the bend. (Newbury Road, Bromley. Can't post links yet).

There is only one sign at the beginning of the road, furthest away from the bend and my car, which I had never seen. The line is not barred on either end.

Thus, the sign is aprox 100 yards away from the parked car around a slight bend.

The end closest to my car (around 80 yards) has no sign.

Edit: just had a look and unfortunately the street is in a controlled zone.

Is this enough to successfully appeal?

Thanks for your help.

Bart

Edited by rainio

If there are permit bays and paid for parking its likely you live in a CPZ controlled parking zone in which case each yellow line does not need a sign.

If there are permit bays and paid for parking its likely you live in a CPZ controlled parking zone in which case each yellow line does not need a sign.

Assuming he is in a CPZ, then I would think the sign at the end of the road would overrule the underlying restriction. Therefore, I think the rules on spacing/distance from the sign would come into play, as there are potentially two different sets of regs for that line. (I don't know how close the signs have to be, but I am sure there is a reg for this.)

... just thought - unless the sign at the end of the road is a CPZ entrance sign. Can the OP advise on that?

Hi, yes I had a look on google maps and it is in a CPZ, and the only sign relating to the SYL is within around 10 yards of the CPZ sign.

What sort of sign is at the end of the road? Is it a big white sign saying "you are now entering a controlled parking zone", or is it a little yellow plate with a no waiting symbol on?

There are 2 - one is around 1.5 feet across by 2 feet high with the words "Controlled ZONE", a red cross out circle filled in with blue (no waiting sign) and times (Mon - sat 0830am-630pm) whilst the other on the other side of the road is a small yellow sign with a no waiting sign but much smaller and the text "Mon - Sat 0300 am - 0630 pm".

Thank you for your amazingly speedy replies!

They are at the intersection of Newbury rd and Aylesbury rd in BR2.

The big sign is the CPZ entrance sign and all single yellows inside the zone are subject to it UNLESS signed otherwise.

The little yellow sign applies to the yellow line on that side of the road only.

So, which side were you on? The side with the yellow plate or the other side?

I was on the side with the small yellow sign.

And there's only one yellow sign, 100 yards away? How close to your car is the nearest yellow sign?

My car was 100 -120 yards away from the beginning of the road with those two signs (and around 80 yards from the other end of the road, where there are no parking signs for the yellow lines). Otherwise, there are numerous small signs down the round all stating the parking restriction of the parking bays ie. local parking permits between 1200- 1400, for which I have a permit.

Just looked on Google street view. The SYL on the bend at Newbury Road runs between two sets of parking bays. That being the case, it is entirely seperate to any other SYLs on that road, and as such does not have a yellow sign applicable to it.

As G&M said, a SYL in a CPZ does not need one. The hours on the CPZ entrance sign apply to it.

Ah, well.

Thank you so much for the speedy help!

Will be more careful next time.

Bart

Still appeal it in writing within 14 days - plead innocent mistake, lots of different signs and restrictions along the road, and that you thought you could park there. You have a better than zero chance that they will cancel it - if not, it has only cost you a stamp, as they will hold the discounted rate for you while your appeal is being considered.

Thanks, Jamberson,

I'll do that!

Will let you know if it succeeds!

Thanks!

Bart