Please help me resolve issue with Vodafone

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was stitched up by a crafty salesman in a phones for you store in 2006. I took out a Vodafone contract, telling him I also needed cheap calls to the USA because I had a g/f in Wisconsin. He assured me at the time I would get a bolt on that matched my O2 bolt on of 10p a min calls to the USA

However, after making calls over the period of a month I received a bill from Vodafone for £880. I went back to the Phones 4 you store, only to find that the guy who sold me the contract had left (or been sacked, they wouldn't tell me)

I applied for credit at the weekend just gone, and instantly got refused. I signed up to Experian, looked at my credit report and found out Vodafone had put a default on my score, something I was unaware of but full understand is company procedure.

I am aware that I am liable for this bill, and are willing to pay it. I agree that at the time I shouldn't have been so neive to believe a jumped up salesman pushing for the hard sale just to up his bonus (I was only 22 at the time)

However, I do not think it is fair that I have this default on my account because I was disputing being overcharged, not refusing to pay the bill. I was mislead. I am a good guy, not a bad payer. I have 15 other records on my experian report, all reporting satisfactory and green in colour.

Why would I knowingly make £880 of phone calls? Do I have a lambourghini? Do I live in LA. No, I'm just a normal guy from the Midlands who got stitched up and now is paying the price.

Is there anyone at Vodafone who will listen to my case and get this default removed? I'm not a bad person, and would like to get a mortgage and move out of my parents house with my g/f. However, this default is making this impossible, and it feels massively frustrating that I'm stuck here while the guy who sold me the contract is laughing on the other side of his face.

Firstly, if you pay the amount owed then Vodafone will change the unpaid debt mark to a 'settled' status. This will improve your credit-worthiness somewhat, although it won't be as good as if it never happened. Vodafone will not remove the default completely as they will reflect the true nature of what happened. You owed a sum of money to them and defaulted on its payment, which still remains unpaid (or paid if you choose to settle the debt now).

However, debts become unenforceable after 6 years and therefore it sounds as if it is coming close to dropping off the radar (hopefully someone else will be a long in a bit to clarify this more precisely). Therefore, i'd be tempted to keep my money and ride the storm until the 6 years is up.

lol I've had similar letters in the past (not due to vodafone, but you're right, they are a 1,000,000% exageration... unlike me who is honest :p)

Anyway, deal with the originator, not the threat monkey :p follow this advice

Hi CAGlink31.gif members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGlink31.gif is with the very best of intentions.

Vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately and securely using the ‘Contact us’ form on the Vodafone website with your account details.

https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/s...PARTITION_ID=1

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is – and state the code WRT135 within the body of your email to make sure it comes through to us.As soon as we’ve received your email we’ll endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

CAG members contacting us, add the code WRT135 in the subject line in order ensure that email gets routed into our queue.

and the web relations team will look fairly into your problem for you.

Best of luck :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks, I filled in the e mail and included the code in the subject line. Anyone with half a brain can appreciate that I wouldn't run up £900 worth of phone calls in one month knowingly. £200 yes, if you spend a bit too long on the phone, but £900. I was only earning £1000 a month at the time.

I'm going to go into Phones4You tomorrow to make an official complaint to head office.

Incidentally, Mackenzie Hall sent me a letter today saying I had 72 hours to make a payment or I would have an assassin sent round to my house. They claim I hadn't made a payment since the end of July, when in actual fact I had paid a £50 on this Monday just gone (6th of September)

I have told this to Vodafone in the e mail, its out of order and joking apart, can be quite stressfull.

Re: Muck Hall, I have some homework/interesting reading for ya :p

This is the OFT guidance on debt collecting here. There is an awful lot that Muck hall are not complying with. WRITE (notice capitals and bold :p!) to them, let them know you have a serious dispute with Vodafone and it is against the OFT guidance for them to pursue you for this money until the dispute is sorted. Let them know you will report them to trading standards and the office of fair trading if they do not put a halt on collection activities.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Mark,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm you've emailed us.

So I can make sure it reaches us could you let me know the email reference number from the automated reply you would've received shortly after sending it?

Whilst I can never guarantee the outcome to any case we handle on CAG you can rest assured that it'll be reviewed fairly.

Kind regards and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK