equicar postage rip of

craig8661
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i emailed them on there contact form asked for the parts wanted and my postcode got quote was high enouth started placing order and postage shot up from £10 to £27.

it is only a abs sensor about the wieght of 100 grams how do they get away with that sort of price.

i kno where northern ireland but surly there delivery costs cant be that high

• 3 months later...
Guest equicar
i emailed them on there contact form asked for the parts wanted and my postcode got quote was high enouth started placing order and postage shot up from £10 to £27.

it is only a abs sensor about the wieght of 100 grams how do they get away with that sort of price.

i kno where northern ireland but surly there delivery costs cant be that high

Au Contraire, our delivery costs to Northern Ireland are exactly that high. Call any major courier and they will tell you the same - indeed, TNT charge nearly £40 to Northern Ireland.

In most cases ABS sensors are supplied with the hub (as they do not come out without a massive risk of breakage) so once you add the weight of the hub the Post Office is not an option either.

Hope this clarifies our position, feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the matter further (rather than moaning about us on a forum).

Allen Parkes,

Office Manager,

Equicar Ltd.

I have to agree with you Craig, that is way to much postage to be charging.

I found a quote myself in under a minute at £15+vat with DHL, collected, tracked and secure.

Some companies do charge these excessive fee's and the best way to deal with it is to not use them.

It seems Equicar Ltd is one to avoid.

Guest equicar
I have to agree with you Craig, that is way to much postage to be charging.

I found a quote myself in under a minute at £15+vat with DHL, collected, tracked and secure.

Some companies do charge these excessive fee's and the best way to deal with it is to not use them.

It seems Equicar Ltd is one to avoid.

Based on what weight? Have you recently weighed a wheel bearing hub complete with stub axle and ABS sensor?

this was a thread i forgot to update.

my quote was for the whole hub when i had origanly made my enguirys they forgot to tell me i was getting the whole hub.

in the end i never got my part from them as the lads in the yard could not understand abs sensor wanted yet they cut the cable on one and broke the other.

in the end i got a whole hub and drive shaft for £30 local.

i had used equicar in the past and had good reasults with them for delivery time etc.

have to say as well allen you are also right that a lot of abs sensors do not come out the hub ither

• 2 weeks later...

But well done to Equicar for spotting the thread. NI shipping is indeed horrendous, and only Royal Mail offer the same cost to GB & NI, something that is well known to most living with the usual BT, IV, PA, ZE and assorted postcodes.

Au Contraire, our delivery costs to Northern Ireland are exactly that high. Call any major courier and they will tell you the same - indeed, TNT charge nearly £40 to Northern Ireland.

In most cases ABS sensors are supplied with the hub (as they do not come out without a massive risk of breakage) so once you add the weight of the hub the Post Office is not an option either.

Hope this clarifies our position, feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the matter further (rather than moaning about us on a forum).

Allen Parkes,

Office Manager,

Equicar Ltd.

Any why shouldn't someone query if they feel that something isn't right - whether it is a genuine cost or not?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Perhaps because they could have complained to the company to ask first? Only when they are dismissed or ignored is it time to 'spread the word' ! The 'source' is often the quickest way to an explanation - as it turned out here.

As for PF being 'better' there are more than eough threads from senders who say PF are a joke and should be avoided at all costs. You get the service you pay for.

Perhaps because they could have complained to the company to ask first? Only when they are dismissed or ignored is it time to 'spread the word' ! The 'source' is often the quickest way to an explanation - as it turned out here.

As this is the "consumer action group" I would consider this a very good place to complain, even if the response might be "talk to equicar first".

I was under the impression the op felt the cost was too high and was asking if it was reasonable or not for that area.

Most of the general issue threas are along the same lines are they not - questioning the service are they not ?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

There is little to be served by initialising a debate about some imagined 'injustice' when there is none. And neither is perhaps bad-mouthing a retailer that has not had an opportunity to explain or rectify the problem.

It just mirrors the appeals for an MDs email address when something isn't liked, rather than working it out with CS staff. This means those who have REALLY tried to get resolution and failed, find their appeal to the MD/CEO diluted because trivial 1st level issues. Again, it is the consumer who suffers,

Is there any big company I trust? No, there isn't, because they are run for profit these days, no more. To me, customer "service" is often there to fob you off, not help.

Therefore, I am always see the potential to be ripped off every time I buy something, therefore I always ask questions.

I think this was a very valid question to ask.

in this case, its costing an extra £17 to post something to NI, which is within the UK. Which stinks.. it only has to go on a ferry or on a short haul flight. The company might well not be able to get cheaper shipping, possibly there might be a cheaper option. Its all valid debate, and on topic for this forum.

as for MD addresses, I have been at the sharp end of crappy customer service, and there is a lot of it about. No wonder peeps get annoyed. On more than one occasion I have sent a complaint to the top and got a result I couldnt get through the "proper" channels.

I'm not sure what 'trust' has got to do with anything. I only trust my family - but then, if I should ever have a complaint about any one of them, I'd seek a resolution within BEFORE seeking opinions outwith. The fact you see nothing wrong about complaining externally in the first instance speaks volumes - as for NI's delivery rates that 'stink' - why not complain about those other places like Inverness or Oban & Wick which have no ferry or air shipping requirement. Are you suggesting we all pay a higher rate, just so those who live on islands or in the Province can benefit from the same rate?

Firms can charge what they like, and the market will decide whether they are successful. There is no obligation on a seller to find the 'cheapest' - only the one that provides them with the service that meets their needs. All, as you say - a valid debate, but not at the expense of the firm named who have no control over delivery prices for people who do not live locally.

but not at the expense of the firm named who have no control over delivery prices for people who do not live locally.

they may or may not be able to get it cheaper, thats what the thread is about.

someone might know a cheaper shipping company.

Are you suggesting we all pay a higher rate, just so those who live on islands or in the Province can benefit from the same rate?

the "island" of Ireland pay £17 extra? no. someone somewhere is raking it in at these rates, better off they charged less (make less profit... heaven forbid!) rather than charge everyone more.

Firms can charge what they like, and the market will decide whether they are successful. There is no obligation on a seller to find the 'cheapest' - only the one that provides them with the service that meets their needs.

exactly my point, and if they do have the customer at heart then they will find the cheapest.

the OP thought the price of the postage was too high, so he asked here in a consumer forum. Good, well done him. He might get some ammunition for his conversation with customer services.

equicar might well be a very good company, but it was good for him to ask the question, and I for one will not be putting anyone off asking questions such as this.

I was under the impression the op felt the cost was too high and was asking if it was reasonable or not for that area.

Most of the general issue threas are along the same lines are they not - questioning the service are they not ?

that was my origanal thought a few grams of part costing so much it was only later on they said it was the whole hub i had also forgoten to update the thread.

i would prob also say that the whole hub posted at £27 was a good close to cost price