Bad treatment from boss. Advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been working for a small company for ten years next month. Just a handful of employees in a small open planned office. Working closely with the Managing Director in the same room.

For the last couple of years, during tough times, the MD has become increasingly stressed. But in my opinion, taking this into account, she has still been extremely rude to employees. Including myself.

I basically have always worked hard, up and beyond the call of duty and still get spoken to like a piece of dirt. Most of the time in front of other employees.

However this morning i decided to pull her up on it after a minor disagreement. In front of the accountant she was rude and obnoxious in words and tone.

I very calmly said please don't speak to me that way. This enraged her and the situation escalated. I tried to explain i'm just trying to do my job but i will not be spoken to that way and that i do not have to take it.

To which she told me "well don't take it then". When i replied "what does that mean exactly". She said to me "You know! You better watch it!"

Is this acceptable behavior? I think not. But is there anything i can do. I cannot take it any higher.

As the company isn't doing so well and redundancies have already happened... i get the feeling she wanted me to quit. Which of course i did not do.

I know it sounds petty... but after years of it... it is effecting my health.

Any suggestions?

Start making notes (back date them with incidents you can remember dates if you have them or in date order if you can't) I would start digitally recording events keeping a diary of them. Bullying in the workplace is a bad thing have a look at this site and be aware of what could happen to you http://www.bullyonline.org/

Obviously these things might not happen and she (MD) might think about it overnight and it will make amends tomorrow. On the other hand you may have started something off in the office with other workers wanting her to stop too.

Hello there, sorry to hear about your problems. Could I suggest you have a look at the directgov, ACAS and HSE websites? As papasmurf says, bullying and harassment are discouraged in law and what they have could help you accumulate evidence. You should certainly be keeping notes of what happens in case you need it later.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum