style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe approximately £3k to three different creditors. I live in a Housing Association home and have no assets. I have two young children, one at school, one at home (5 yrs and 2 yrs). I am a single mum and receive benefits. I am getting lots of debt collection letters and am wondering how I can try to sort my debts out. It is driving me mad with worry. My friend has told me that I may qualify for some sort of debt management plan or something, can anyone point me in the right direction? I have also heard of someone getting advice from the CAB and paying a one off fee to have all their debts written off in court (not bancruptcy) - is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by KATERAW
fogot that bit!

Hi and welcome to CAG

First of all, I seriously discourage you from going to a fee paying agency

Dependant on the type of debt, when you first took out the debt, we may be able to help.

Could you give a little more info please then we can guide you from there

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Have you spoken to your Housing Association? Many have Money Advisers, Financial inclusion Offers etc, different names but all do the same job - Money Advice, help with debts, benefits and budgeting, and it is free. In absence of one of these contact Consumer Credit Counselling Service or National Debtline, both are free charities

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forum. Based upon the very brief information you've given I feel that you should look into a Debt Relief Order. You can read more about them here:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=37_debt_relief_orders

Prior to making any decisions please consider calling one of the debt charities like b*buddy suggests. They are FREE and very knowledgeable.

National Debtline are on 0808 808 4000.

Best wishes,

Seq.