PPI Yorkshire Bank - Armed Forces

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wondered if anyone can offer any advise. We have banked with Yorkshire Bank for 22 years and took a number of loans (over the phone), with these loans they have always said it would improve our chances of being successful (approved) if we added PPI. PPI was added at the begining of the loan (whole amount). We have never been sent any terms and conditions for the PPI and we are serving members of the Armed Forces therefore in secure employment with good sickness, injury benefits....not even sure that we would be covered in act of war (not seen t&c's). Is this worth a claim?? Many thanks.

Jakkkk, if you declared your job when applying for the PPI chances are you were automatically barred from enjoying any benefits due to being in the armed forces as you've already alluded to.

I think you need to get hold of the terms and conditions to check this first as this will probably be the strongest argument for reclaiming PPI. To do this you need to send a subject access request for all information the lender holds on you and copies of terms and conditions of the PPI.

Dont forget also that the limitation act normally limits claim to the last 6 year so anything older will be harder if not impossible to claim back.

S.

Edited by the_shadow

It's unlikely that war risks would be covered. Even other aspects of the cover may not have applied because so many aspects of armed forces employment are unique. However, the fact that bank staff told you that the loan might not be approved if you didn't take PPI means that it was mis-sold. I'd go for a claim - for the cost of a SAR it's worth it.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, I will give it a shot, got nothing to loose, it makes you quite cross really:mad2:. At the time we needed the money so you just dont think or want to do anything that might mean you won't get approved.

Many thanks 8-)

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I sent my completed claim form and at the four week point got a letter saying 'we are looking into your complaint, we will respond within 4 weeks' - I have now gone over the 8 week, so I phoned, they said they are sending me another holding letter for another 4 weeks, with no promise they will have finished thier investigations at this point! How long do I let them do this for??

Ok, so I sent my completed claim form and at the four week point got a letter saying 'we are looking into your complaint, we will respond within 4 weeks' - I have now gone over the 8 week, so I phoned, they said they are sending me another holding letter for another 4 weeks, with no promise they will have finished thier investigations at this point! How long do I let them do this for??

Ok, I think you have to wait for the final answer from the bank OR 8 weeks to have transpired before putting in a complaint to the FOS.

You need to be aware that last Friday some of the banks appealed an FSA order to look into any previously lodged PPI complaints and deal with them, this has had the affect that SOME banks have decided to halt even investigating said complaints... something I believe the FSA demanded they still do whilst this action takes place.

So it could be that a complaint to the FOS that they are stalling may be in order... Wonder what others suggest?

S.

Thanks for the response. I was not aware of the PPI and the halt by some banks. Yorkshire Bank did not mention this, just said the were running over the 8 weeks due to the volume of complaints. I shall wait for the letter from them to arrive and see what that says! Many thanks.

Thank you! - Typical just as I have gone over the 8 weeks, they probably knew this was in the pipeline and delayed it on purpose, lol .... what is the point of having protective bodies if the banks are going to ignore them anyway, as they have been told to process as normal...pointless!

2 PPI claims at the moment, although we have had a few more loans from Yorkshire Bank that I no longer have paperwork for pre 2005. The current ones are 1 x pre 2005; 1 x post 2005. Both were 5 years duration. We were sent no terms and conditions for the PPI and I have no idea if the bank provided the cover themselves or it was a different provider, that is how vague we are, we were never told. I will just have to wait and see what happens, I am now not hopeful!

Don't give up hope please. The judicial review is obviously concerning but claims should still be made.

There is no clarity over what claims will and will not be processed by the banks. However, its a fair bet they relate to pre and post 2005, with them sitting on pre 2005 cases.

The FSA say they should process all claims however, as do the OFT who will accept complaints after the 8 week period, for both pre and post 2005 complaints.

Have a look at the info here which will be of assistance. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/PPI.html

On balance, claim for every PPI mis sold policy, whatever the date. Don't delay and let us know if you need help!!!!

Good luck.

Thanks for the info and links....mine have just gone over the 8 weeks, so I shall wait and see what the letter that was sent at the begining of the week, by the bank, contains.....hopefully I should receive it soon, I do know that it is a holding letter, as on the phone they said it was still at the investigation stage and had not been allocated a complaints manager!

Many thanks for your time and trouble and the offer of help, I may need it!

Edited by jakkkkkk
spelling!

Just remember each bank is deluged with lots of complaints so their delay may be genuine. After 8 weeks you can proceed to FOS. They currently have major delays due to volume. I would be tempted to switch to FOS asap, in view of judicial review but it a personal view of mine and a decision to be made by you, based on balancing everything up.

Best of luck.

• 1 month later...

Well, I am still waiting for Yorkshire Bank, am I giving them too much time, I first raised my complaint in August we are now nearing the end of Nov and I keep getting holding letters saying 'due to the volume we are experiencing delays' - I have rang them and been told that they are hoping to have an answer by the end of the month, gggggrrrrr, do I give them the extra time? Really frustrating as I assume they will still say 'No'. Is anyone else experiencing delays with Yorkshire Bank?

Quick question is it routine that a complaints handler telephones you to discuss, as I have had a letter today to say that a complaint handler will call me soon (still no firm date!) and what are they likely to ask, are they trying to catch you out, lol

many thanks

Quick question is it routine that a complaints handler telephones you to discuss, as I have had a letter today to say that a complaint handler will call me soon (still no firm date!) and what are they likely to ask, are they trying to catch you out, lol

many thanks

Yes, I had one from the FOS ring me about my "situation" with MBNA, they tend to try and be impartial, look at both sides of the story but I have to say the one that spoke to me did her best to get the best deal for me, which she did.

S.

Yes, I had one from the FOS ring me about my "situation" with MBNA, they tend to try and be impartial, look at both sides of the story but I have to say the one that spoke to me did her best to get the best deal for me, which she did.

S.

This is from Yorkshire Bank themselves though, that's what worries me.

This is from Yorkshire Bank themselves though, that's what worries me.

Ah right ok, well first thing is to advise him/her that you are recording the call... even if you dont (which isnt advised) it'll give them something to think about and watch what they say.

If they ask you to admit/deny anything I would personally ask for them to put it formally in writing in which case you'll be able to reply properly.

S.

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.