Jobseekers stopped no warning

Rachie1973

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Its for my friend Lucy. She rang them this morning because benefits hadn't gone into the bank as usual only to be told that it had been stopped. Apparently her partner has not applied for a job they wanted him to apply for (a sports coach one, which he would know nothing about). He did however, apply for several others, which he can prove etc.

They have been told they can appeal but its a lengthy process, and they are entitled to nothing in the meantime and can apply again in February.

She's said she's going to try to get some shifts in her old job, as a care assistant, however she's quite heavily pregnant and signed off with ME at the moment. She's been trying to claim ESA for some time with struggles getting the appropriate written evidence from her GP etc to get the medical done.

In the meantime she has 14 yr old twins, a 15 month old baby and no way to feed them.

Any advice?

whats happened the job centre have checked with the employer and have stated the has not applied,this is deeply flawed and has been proven so many times.he should have received a form giving his reasons,if he did not then that is an abuse and should have been told he was sanctioned however in nearly if not all cases people are not told.another abuse.

it sounds like a six month sanction get the appeal in straight away stating some of the above,a sports coach it would have been thought experience is required,could someone be expected otherwise where was the job could he have got their at all and is one hour traveling time form the front door,you need to appeal.

also to be told you are not entitled to benefit is wrong and the above with saying the appeals time is lengthy would be considered as an attempt to dissuade you .you need to claim hardship allowance its reduced by 20/40% buts an income while you appeal,they can reduce it the cannot stop it.

job centre jobs are the worst to apply for and many have been at the receiving end of "a doubt has arisen letters'" all to often there is no proof the job centre didn't make them up,spoke to the wrong person or just plain incompetence or a your word against theirs situation,certainly i have had many of the "doubt" letters and i had evidence i had applied and these "vacancies".

always keep proof of job centre vacancies',given the problems such as the above in many cases i would avoid them and apply if you are given a direction,they are expensive to apply for in cases because of recorded delivery exe,often wages are poor too.

Thanks for the info and I've passed it all on.

She is adamant there was no warning, and I'm inclined to believe her since I know her so well.

No-ones mentioned hardship allowance to her so thats really helpful :)

generally when sanctions are applied its very common for them to go into silent mode,they are supposed to give a detailed explanation but dont and getting one can be extremely difficult and its up to the person to challenge everything robustly pre-tribunal papers often contain "irregularities" and contents can come as a surprise ,really its word against word and and an appeal must be launched at once.

those letters are grossly unfair and there are many cases they are untrue and carry incorrect comments.

the key is to apply and keep proof of application on job centre vacancies when these doubt letters arrive they can be swiftly dealt with,make a copy of the proof don't let them have the original and when papers are handed in get them "received" stamped.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/life/benefits/benefits_for_people_looking_for_work.htm