Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • A bit of sadly all to rare promising news   ‘Smart’ antibiotic spares the microbiome An antibiotic called lolamicin targets disease-causing Gram-negative bacteria without disturbing healthy gut bacteria. Broad-spectrum antibiotics against these pathogens wreak havoc on the gut microbiome and can allow potentially deadly Clostridioides difficile to take over. Mice infected with antibiotic-resistant Gram-negative bacteria survived after being given lolamicin, whereas almost 90% of those that didn’t receive the drug died within three days. Lolamicin did not seem to disrupt the gut microbiome and spared mice from C. difficile infections. Nature | 4 min read Reference: Nature paper
    • Yes that's right-Parking Eye are usually very good at getting their PCNs compliant with the Act. So both being out of time means that PE cannot transfer the liability for payment from the driver to the keeper. So only the driver is liable to pay the PCN not the keeper. I understand from you that at least one of the keepers was not driving at the time which puts them in the clear providing PE are not told who was actually driving on that day. However even if with the other car the keeper and the driver were the same person the driver can still successfully argue that they are not liable to pay. The arguments are that there  appears to be no entrance sign advising that the car park is now private. That no signs were there advising that this was a new car park as it was at that time. That the signs are prohibitory so even if PE do have a contract with the landowner, the contract cannot extend to the motorist as there is no  offer other than no parking for those without a permit. You cannot form a contract with motorists trying to park if you are not allowing them to park there because they do not have a permit.  In those circumstance [parking without a permit ] you may be considered to be trespassing but only the landowner can sue for that not PE. And its not worth the landowner suing because the cost of suing would probably not outweigh the fine for trespassing.   PS  I sent you a private message-not about your case.    
    • Please accept my apologies for the delayed update, but i have been trawling through emails for supporting evidence, you see we are in the consultation phase and there will be three meetings during the process. So as i have said  my role is at risk due to the scoring and mine being low. As explained i never received my report as my line manager left during December and i was on leave. So i was not afforded any meeting, i received no feedback at all, so how am i meant to know any areas to improve or to attain a higher grade. So with this in mind i gathered my supporting evidence, i found the email from my then line manager and the objectives that he set out and we agreed.   I then supplied 20 emails that  showed that not only did i reach the targets, i smashed them, highlighting areas that i had saved the company a considerable amount of money, idented issues  implemented process and solutions with ongoing support. All emails are verified and prove that i should have received the highest possible grade going by their criteria. I also included the email from HR when i challenged  the score and they replied with " the outgoing manager supplied thorough feedback to the incoming interim manager who should have provided this (this was never received, and report i received was blank with just a score. Highlighted was the email from HR stating " a two is not a concerning grade"  well clearly it is as less than a month later it is what was used to decide i was at risk. I have supplied this information to the line manager and the external HR rep that was on the call as i have 48 hours to supply this. Had i had a proper and fair review like everyone else had then i would have been able to provide this evidence when he issued the score, he could not argue with the sheer volume of evidence that i had. This proves what was said to me when i took this position, " there was some politics in me getting the role, their line manager had promised the role to one of his guys, they cant really do anything but watch your back" He should not have promised this anyway as two interviews were required in the process *which i sat) so i earned the right to the role. This was because the three of them knew there was a lot that would be uncovered and they wanted it covering, i started to see this after two weeks, had i not said anything then it would have looked as though i was incompetent or stupid. I did try to work with them on this to remedy but sadly they went the other rout instead.    
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 
       

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

       

      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Is this a valid NOA?


one4all
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi All

 

I received this letter from Experto Credite dated 1/9/10.

 

http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz32/one4all275/MBNA%20Experto/

 

I want to know if it is a valid notice of assignment. I have not received any correspondence from MBNA yet since their DN dated 9/8/10 with action required by 26/8/10.

 

Should MBNA have notified me of the sale of the account?

 

One 4all

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,

My take on the Law of Property Act (others disagree) is that the NoA should be in the hand of the assignor, not the assignee but somehow they circumvent that by saying they have the permission of the assignor to send out NoA's.

 

With the DN. Was it posted 1st or 2nd class? Did you keep the envelope?

 

As the sale was so quick after the DN expired it may be worth sending MBNA a SAR to ascertain the actual date of sale

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's a valid notification that the debt has been assigned, yes. All the Law of Property Act 1925 requires is that you are notified in writing of the assignment. Doesn't matter which of the parties informs you

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for the quick replies. With regard to the DN and the envelope. Yes, I did keep it and I received the DN (dated 9/8/10) on 11/8/10. Do I have to SAR for the date of sale or will they tell me over the phone? Should MBNA have told me in the DN that they were going to sell the account?

 

One4all

Edited by one4all
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

You really want screenshots of your account history as they might show up what you need

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest HeftyHippo

you want everything. if you ask for specifics, they may send you only that, claiming that that is what your request covered

 

I think there is a template in the library

 

some key phrases to make it wide ranging:

re account number xyz; zxy

any and all data concerning but not limited to the above accounts, and including but not limited to:

agreements, contracts and the like, and any items considered to be same

statements

etc

 

I am with Silverfox, I belive the relevant act required the NOA to be written by the seller, but I think that if Experto or Varde are contracted to do the NOA as part of the deal, then a judge might accept that they aran agent of MBNA and it is as though MBNA do it. In the same way that if MBNA had a temp who (was employed by an agency) did the NOA, it would be considered that MBNA did the NOA not the agency. A grey area, but not specially important. The NOA actually doen't make any differnce to you. Its purpose is to make sure that the debt is paid to the right person. If a NOA isnt issued, you should continue to pay the original lender, the new lender then has to get the money off the old one. If a NOA IS issued, and yu pay the old lender, your debt is still with the new one, and if the old one doesnt pass the money on, you have to get the money back of the old lender, and still pay the new one! As youre most likely not paying the debt in full anyway, it most likely doesn't make much difference.

 

Lookig at the Default Notice, it looks like the bit in bold is incorrect. The bit that is underlined " DO NOT" should be more prominent than the rest of that statement, but it looks like the whole statement is the same.

 

Yours looks similar to the situation a few of us had last year, and a thread in the last week or so - perhaps this is part of an annual clear out by MBNA.

Have a look at one of threads it has "funny one this" in the title, and was between sept and Dec last year I think. its a funny debt triangle between EC Varde and MBNA

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest HeftyHippo
many thanks for your comments. I made a SAR to MBNA back in Dec 2009 so can I make another?

 

yes, they can only refuse a SAR if one has been made recently, but one year is long enough to justify one, esp when there has been deveopments such as this. Read my thread I mention above.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I am working my way through the posts - there's alot!

 

Can someone clarify if a notice of assignment should be sent via recorded delivery?

Thanks in advance

Edited by one4all
relevance
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest HeftyHippo

If you read the Law of Property Act, there is a bit that deals with the service of NOAs. That bit mentions a kind of postal service that is not avalaible now (replaced by Recorded). It says that service by that kind of post is acceptable. Some say that that means that if it isn't sent recorded it isn't valid.

I disagree. It only says that using 'recorded' is acceptable. Doesnt say it must be used. If you wanted to dispute that service was satisfactory, in my opinion you would have to convince the judge. In most cases he would probably feel that if you got the Notice ok, it was intact and legible, then it was served ok. In any case, if you read my post above, the NOA actually only tells you who to pay. If you don't get it yuo would continue to pay the original creditor. The failure to serve a NOA only affects who gets paid, not whether payment should be made, and doesn't actually help you.

 

If you continued to make your payments to the original creditor, and the buyer took legal action which you defended on the basis that a valid NOA wasn't served, if you lost, you would have to pay the buyer and get your money back of the OC. If you won, they'd issue a NOA anyway. If you had made payments to the OC, the buyer could ask for them and would probbaly get them as they would usaully have aclasue in teh contrat t buy. If you hadn't paid anything, the arrears would be covered by teh new NOA anyway.

 

The best outcome is that you won the case and the buyer wasn't able to recover the payments you made to the original creditor. You might get some costs. Most probably though, the buyer would ask for a new NOA to be made as it costs a couple of quid and closes the loophole.

 

At worst, you lost the case, had to pay their costs, and the arrears.

 

Argue about it if you want to be awkward, but your energies would probably be better spent getting proof that the agreement was repudiated. and for that, you actually want the NOA to be valid!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Heftyhippo, thanks. SAR posted to MBNA today. Should I now send CCA request to Experto or Varde and based on the other posts will they even reply?? Also, Experto are contacting me on a mobile no. which MBNA never had and I don't know how they have got it? How do I stop this?

 

You can probably tell that I am confused about what to do!

 

One4all

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...