speeding ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

partner was stopped for speeding, doesnt deny it, but the ticket has a different road name to where he was stopped

can the ticket be fought on this, or is it better just to pay the £60 and take the points?

any help appreciated

they've put on the ticket the name of the road where he was stopped, not where the offence took place

While I suspect you are 'splitting hairs here', if the ticket catagorically states that the offence took place somehwere other than the actual location where it did, then the 'offence' has not been commited as described on the ticket. You must remember that the police will most likely have video evidence to support the ticket so before challenging it, I would speak to a solicitor first.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

He has probably received an FPN fromthe police to accept the offence and pay the fine/points base on that.

If he wishes to deny the offence (even if just because of the road name) it will proceed to magistrates court where the "proper" offence will be stated, which may include a correction to the road name involved. I think refusing an FPN based on this alone would be risky and may result in a higher fine.

Once it goes to court the mistake on the FPN will be irrelevant.

Entirely correct and even if the bench are minded to mirror a fine equivalent to that of the EFPN, i.e. £60, the ultimate "hit" on the OP's pocket is likely to be double that of simply paying the fixed penalty by the time you add in an award for costs (currently averaging between £48 and £63 and the completely inescapable Victim Support Levy of £15.

The only circumstances in which I could envisage that the OP might avoid the £60 is were he to be on benefits and even in those cases an assumption is generally made as to income and that can still result in higher fines than the EFPN.

Simplifying it EFPN = £60 plus a couple of stamps.

Going to Court = £60 (probably a minimum) + costs (average, say £55) + £15 Victim Support Levy = a total of £130