UKCPM - breharf I

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I've taken up everyone's advice on this forum and have received 5 letters for parking in brewery wharf by ukcps.

2 of the letters are from a company called court proceedings ltd in oxford street london.

the latest letter says final notice before county court action and it says your non payment will result in the immediate commencement of county court action which could result in high financial loss and reducing my chances of getting a mortgage.

I have not contacted anyone from the companies in any way but a solicitor friend of mine said I should contact them please can someone tell me what to do as I'm getting pretty worked up about this.

please help me

thanks in advance any help appreciated

Carry on ignoring. Their letters are designed to scare you.

Court Proceedings Ltd his new on the block and their name is hilarious. Ask yourself why you have had 5 letters and they still haven't taken you to court.

CP Ltd have never set foot in a court in their life.

You are just in the final stages before they give up and this is almost their last ditch attempt to extract money from you

We have all had these silly letters and they are meaningless as the first ones they send

Even when requested to I have yet to have a PPC take the court route as they are well aware their chances of winning are around zero

Be brave - ignore

Court Proceedings Ltd. The name never fails to make me laugh. Everything they do is designed to intimidate you, particularly the 'pay up or we will ruin your life' letters. Stand firm and leave these low-lifes in the gutter where they belong.

Sorry about the misleading title but I read in a different thread that companies only use language like might and not will take you to court and mine said will so this is what concerned me. Thanks for the replies You have put my mind at ease and I will continue to ignore. I have also decided to report them to trading standards for harrasment as they are using a premium rate phone number for their contact details which I believe is unreasonable. I don't think I can change the thread title can I? if so I will do.. thanks again everyone for all the help

Anybody can threaten to take anybody to court.

Doesn't mean they will though. Never seen a debt collection company take anyone to court for a parking company. The charge is so hard to fight for, even without having the extra layer of how the debt has been transferred from one company to the other.

Carry on ignoring.

Is your solicitor friend involved in contract law? They tend to have different specialities.

Anybody can threaten to take anybody to court.

Doesn't mean they will though. Never seen a debt collection company take anyone to court for a parking company. The charge is so hard to fight for, even without having the extra layer of how the debt has been transferred from one company to the other.

Carry on ignoring.

Is your solicitor friend involved in contract law? They tend to have different specialities.

Hi AL27 no my solicitor friend specializes in something compeletely different he just said you should never ignore a letter telling you you are being taken to court as if they do take you to court it will look bad on you. I have ignored the 2nd court letter letter now so will let everyone know if it goes any further but I doubt it will after reading the advice on these forums. cheers

There is a big difference between the words "may" and "will". Even then their hollow threats never come to anything. There is one debt collector that repeatedly writes to people saying they will visit their house "within 72 hours" but they never turn up.

Hi AL27 no my solicitor friend specializes in something compeletely different he just said you should never ignore a letter telling you you are being taken to court as if they do take you to court it will look bad on you.

What rubbish, you should publish your solicitor friends name so we know who NOT to go to if we ever need legal advice. I notice civil matters is not his area, I suggest he sticks to things he knows about

I have ignored the 2nd court letter letter now so will let everyone know if it goes any further but I doubt it will after reading the advice on these forums. cheers

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi papsykes,

I became acquainted with these [problematic] over a year ago & completely ignored their rubbish from the outset.

They gave-up after five increasingly threatening letters, and the same will go for you too.

Don't ever weaken & fall for & let them take you for a mug.

Edited by B & T

What rubbish, you should publish your solicitor friends name so we know who NOT to go to if we ever need legal advice. I notice civil matters is not his area, I suggest he sticks to things he knows about

I can't see the point in that. It is clear that this is not his area. He might be just the guy you need if you get in trouble with the old bill or want to set up a trust fund for your kids! :lol:

my solicitor friend specializes in something compeletely different he just said you should never ignore a letter telling you you are being taken to court as if they do take you to court it will look bad on you

Have one of these DC missives in front of me stating that in the absence of payment it will referred back to the PPC for approval to apply for a County Court Judgement against me however they neglect to say that it has to go to court first (this costs them money) and they have to win (impossible) and a CCJ will only happen if they win and I do not pay

When I write to someone that requires a reply I always enclose an SAE - if the PPC wanted a reply they would have enclosed one - they didn't - end of the story. Same for the phone number - why should I pay out a premium rate or use a local rate number. If they expect me to phone then I expect a free phone number

They will only ever get a response (other than the odd silly letter) when and if I receive properly served court documents or they phone me and I can keep them hanging on for as long as possible

I have requested they take me to court several times during their phone calls but so far they have failed to accomodate me

Ignore everything except properly served court papers

Hi AL27 no my solicitor friend specializes in something compeletely different he just said you should never ignore a letter telling you you are being taken to court as if they do take you to court it will look bad on you. I have ignored the 2nd court letter letter now so will let everyone know if it goes any further but I doubt it will after reading the advice on these forums. cheers

Generally, yes. But 'looking bad' doesn't affect the facts of the case. The judge makes his judgement on cold, hard fact, not who ignored what.

For any normal case I'd say reply, but when you're dealing with a shady company that just sends out threats, replying only encourages them to pester you for longer.

Remember this is a [problem] at the end of the day.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM - brewery wharf I'm being taken to court by ukcps please help
  • dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM - breharf I