debbbbsy

Advice needed on final response from the FO.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am interested in hearing from anybody who has ever made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. I believe they are failing consumers.

In would appreciate if someone can confirm if this is accurate. If the consumer provides the FO with documented proof that supports their complaint, the bank does not deny what they have done, but refuses to acknowledge what they have done is both unfair & potentially unlawful. Can the FO, after 2 years of investigating, after numerous letters & documents have been sent to support the complaint, finally turn round & say that they cannot interfere in this case because the bank gained a CCJ aginst the person making the complaint. Even though the CCJ was gained before the irregularities came to light, (and yes, these "Irregularities" would have had a direct impact on the judgment had the bank not deliberately concealed vital facts). These "Irregularities" were not mentioned at the court.

The FO was fully aware from the outset that a CCJ had been gained.

I was led to believe that the FO had been given stronger powers in 2008, to intervene, even were court action had already taken place.

Debs :-x

Well my complaint has been going on for nearly year now and not even looked into yet, apparantly not received forms and its the post, which is possible and person dealing with it now left. In mean time bank has been snotty and passing to dcas and apparantly not allowed to etc....so I am having to be tough and tell them to back off.

So these cases can take a while it seems and I dont think my old bank is worried about it as they keep insisting the fos case was declined. Not even looked into this yet, but I would like to think the fos has some clout especially as harassing me in mean time.