Moorcroft/Midas legal services help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am eighteen years old and dealing with a £1012.81 debt from orange contracts, which are two contract phones I didn't pay.

I got letters from Orange which I ignored as I couldn't pay them, then I got letters and constant phone calls from the Moorcroft group. I was at the time on Job seekers allowance, and offered to pay them fourty a month towards the debt, but they said that it wasn't enough and I had to pay £60 or nothing. Then the rung me again and said I had to pay the debt in full, or half Which of course I couldn't afford.

I then decided to ignore the letters and phone calls, and have got about 6 pre-court division letters and have just now got a letter from "Midas legal services" claiming that they will get solicitors involved if I dont pay the debt.

Am I right to just ignore the letters and phonecalls? Does anyone have any advice.

Thanks

Tabitha

They can not dictate to you what you've got to pay.

If your on JSA offer them a £1 per month,there isn't much they can do,if you get a job later on then obviously increase your payments if you wish.

If it went to court then the Judge would be on your side as you have very little income at present but i doubt they would take you to court,it's just a threat to make you pay.

Set up standing order for your payments and start paying.

Do not set up a Direct Debit.

Somebody with a lot more experience will be a long shortly and offer more advice.

You've come to the right place,Welcome.

:welcome:

Good old Moorcr@p and their chums Midas...(They're both the same company)

How are Moorcr@p contacting you, on what phone I mean?

Just ignore their calls, you need to keep everything in writing to get a paper trail of evidence, they hate not being able to threaten and harass you over the phone, so don't let them, if they ring again just tell them "Everything in writing" and hang up.

How long ago did you get these contracts out? And how did you come to have two contract phones with the same company?

What is the debt made up of, is it call time or simply their charges and the rest of the contract period?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

Send Moorcr@p that above, just to put them on notice that their harassment is noted, and keep a diary of events too.

If you were on JSA @ the time, what do you do now? If your out of work, then ALL they can have is £1 a month, even a Judge wouldn't make you pay any more than that as you have no income.

Have you access to a scanner so you can scan & post up what Midas and Moorcr@p have sent you? If you can PLEASE ensure you remove ALL ID, bar codes, address, ref numbers etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They rung me on my house phone & send me a pre-court division letter every week.

I've just recieved the litigation warning letter.

I toke out 2 contracts, one with the intention of paying but I couldnt afford it, and one to sell and spend the money which is really stupid but at the time I was desperate for money, as I wasn't living at home.

I haven't got a scanner no. But I shall find some of the letters later and post what they say.

Tabitha

Send the prove it letter to buy some time:

Dear Sir or Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

If you have a camera you can put it on the macro setting ad take a picture of it, then use photobucket or tiny pic to upload it on here, don't worry about moorcr@ps Pre this and Pre that letters, they've been designed by their Pre-school department and carry no weight whatsoever.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!