hardboiled

Lost CCA from creditor said in writing: what do I do now?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3609 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I asked over several month and several letter for a CCA and got this as a reply EVENTUALLY

:-x loan taken out around the year 2000 lost job struggled since. The loan insurance was inadequate and only covered me for 12 months when I was told it covered everything ( doesn't look like it 9 years down the line )

I had other debts at the time on cards and for a car... they were paid off in 12 months by insurance!!

It's taken since Feb 2010 to get this far. I Stopped paying them a few months back when I had no response and gave them the 12days +2 and the obligatory £1, which removed from the balance.:-x

Thank you for your recent letter dated xxxxx requesting a copy of your Credit Agreement.

Our records show that your personal loan, number xxxxxxx and current account

xxxxxxxxx was closed for Debt Recovery purposes in xxxx and transferred to our

Consumer Debt Recovery department under reference xxxxxx with an outstanding

balance of £7,000.

Regrettably, it is no longer possible for us to provide details of the loan account, such as a copy of the Credit Agreement from when the account was opened. However I have enclosed copy statements of your loan account and current account for your reference.

Although we are obliged to keep such documents for a reasonable period of time, we are not required to keep these indefinitely. Whilst I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you by us not being able to supply these, I do not feel that it is realistic for us to have retained these documents from 2001, when you loan was advanced.

I am sorry that I am unable to provide a copy of your loan advance documents from 9 years ago, however I am satisfied that it is correct for us to look to you for the repayment of your borrowing.

Since 2004, we have received payments totalling £xxxx and these have been used to reduce the outstanding balance to £xxxxx, as today’s date.

We have appointed BLS Collections to act on our behalf in the recovery of this debt and I can only suggest that you contact them with your specific proposals for the repayment of the remaining sum

They also sent a partial statement detailing transactions and nothing more.

I'm really not sure what to do now. I'm not in the habit of giving people ammunition so haven't written back to the DCA yet. I'm getting the odd call which so far has resulted in BLS putting the phone down when I ask them for details of who I'm talking to. No letters so far just the odd call.

Can anyone help ??? :?:

Although we are obliged to keep such documents for a reasonable period of time, we are not required to keep these indefinitely.
Under the Data Protection Act and the Money Laundering Act they must keep these documents for 6 & 5 years respectively after the a/c is closed.

The formula is simple, No CCA = No Enforceable Debt. So for the time being ignore them and see what stupidity they can come up with next.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank you. I was just perplexed by their behaviour but no way will I poke them with a sharp stick.

Keep the letter they sent safe as it would prove invaluable if they or anyone else were daft enough to try for a CCJ.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Absolutely do nothing.

I had two accounts with the same creditor, neither of which had an enforceable CCA. I decided to try my luck with the smaller of the accounts and all it has got me is 4 years of harassment, all over £175. On the larger account that I left alone, I've heard nothing at all since.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I get the impression that BLS and lloyds don't talk to each other.

Can I ask for a bit more help.

BLS have give me 14 days to respond.. now even though I have the above letter should I send it to them as a deterrent or not as I can't find a template for this situation.

Quite a normal threat............should you want to write to BLS,(remember they are only acting for the OC)Your client has made it very clear that the agreement that underpins the account does not exist,which leaves the account in dispute,I remind you whilst the account is in clear dispute,a 3rd party may not act on behalf of the original creditor,may not ask for payment etc,you are very aware of the guidelines that cover this situation,and until such times that my CCA request is fulfilled,I trust all communication from you will cease ............A letter along these lines should slow them down considerably.....................................................By the way did you send an account in dispute letter???????????.......................FS

Just checked the letters I've sent them and no I haven't. I better send that before using what you have said first. Thank you very much for reminding me.