Pressured into buying special delivery from PO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone experience the pressure of the staff in the PO they trying to send a letter by recorded delivery. :mad2:

For years now I always get their spiel when I go into my local very busy PO with ticket queuing system.

After waiting for 10 minutes for my ticket to be called out, I went to counter to pay for 1st class recorded delivery service. When I passed my letter to the man behind the counter he did not stop putting down the recoded service and keep trying to make me take out their £4 to £5 special deliver services. He actually went as far as saying this service is not to be trusted. This letter to be delivery was only about 2 miles away, but I need a signature. In the end I told him to give me back my letter and I will delivery it by hand (I was afraid that he would not post, bin it instead, if I did not send it out by their very expensive next day delivery). I went a couple of mile away and try another post office again this they tried to sell their next day delivery but no way near as worrying as my local one. :evil:

I look on line to see if it was deliver ie signature they go my letter but not a signature. Does it take time to put a signature on line or is this not done anymore with recoded deliver letters which is not cheap £1.15 but still a hell of a lot cheaper than over £4 to £5 :-( not mentioned to having to listen to them trying to pressurizing you into buy this services. :-x

Hi Allwood

They all do it, probably to do with individual targets, profit margin, etc the best thing to do is make sure the first words you say are, 'I'm not interested in Special Delivery, then say 'Good Morning' it works for me, your in for a pretty quick service.

Morning Allwood,

I have had this (written) conversation with Royal mail and every time they fail to reply to the point I make.

They are failing to get signatures for RD mail as well as trying to sell SD service.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have told these people lots of time before that I was not interested in their special delivery, they obviously do not understand the word 'no' I told this guy taht I could hop on a bus and take the letter there myself, but no, this guy would not give up and in the end I was afraid to leave my letter with him, as he clearly was not happy that I would not hand over a fiver to him. I took my letter from him and left. What is really annoying is that after I had waited for over 20 minutes and my ticket said that there was 20 people in front of me and after waiting that lenght of time to be further stressed out the being pressured by the staff person behind the counter that was suppose to be giving me service, not grief.

It seems now that all services that are being funded from the public is being abused by the staff working in these organisation....I am sure these people are being paid a wage so why do they have to stress out their customers just for the hell of it....

Morning Allwood,

I have had this (written) conversation with Royal mail and every time they fail to reply to the point I make.

They are failing to get signatures for RD mail as well as trying to sell SD service.

Hi Silverfox1961, I have just checked 2 recorded delivery letter that I have sent within the last 3 weeks and what it is says is that Item was post with details of post office and date on my receipt and is being progressed thought our network for delivery. What does that mean....has it not been delivered:mad2:

Allwood,

It could mean that they've been delivered, but they haven't got proof, or that they have got a clue whats happened.

This has also happened with me with CitiFinancial. They bulk sign for their post rather than individually. The post office are only(I believe) putting up the signature for the first letter delivered instead of copying the same signature for all the letters.

This is what I think has happened. once it's past the 15 working days and you still have no confirmation, do a claim for lost post.

Whether they have actaully been delivered is anyones guess.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE