• Tweets

• Debt charities have urged the Insolvency Service to develop stronger rules to protect customers from bad practice among IVA lead generators View the full article
    • Hi,     I'm in the process of voluntary termination of my moneybarn agreement, in accordance with secion 99(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have returned the vehicle, it was collected by a 3rd party on behalf of MB, in driveable condition with fear wear and tear condition.  Their report states that the condition was "Average" (The options were Good, Average and Poor). I have paid more than 50% and recently, before starting the VT process spent £700 to make sure car is roadworthy (gearbox repairs). I am £880 over the 50% mark. Today I've received final billing letter estimating body repairs at over £1,300 (the bodywork is fine - peeling lacquer and alloy wheels would need refurb though). I've purchased the car at 7 years old with over 80k miles, through National Car Credit (pretty sure I've seen another topic on here about them). The car is now more than 10 years old, and I did take pictures + videos of the car before it was collected.   Now. I've had a payment holiday through April and May (which I don't dispute and will willingly cover the amount that they're asking for this payment holiday term) But however I'm not okay with covering the bodywork repairs for a car that is over 10 years old and wasn't excellent condition the day I've purchased it. It came with no service history book and only one key (on my own expense I've purchased another one and had it programmed)   No arrears on the account, no missed payments (just 2 month agreed payment holiday - between myself and MB) which I'm okay to cover. Given the car back in drive-able condition (it was very noisy the week before it was collected, hence why I've spent money on repairs) half of tank of petrol, kept tax up to the day it was collected.   Advice would be appreciated, thank you.   dx: I can't pm you as I haven't got enough posts on here, but if you'd like more details and see what has been sent and see the responses please PM me.     Thanks.
    • I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
    • Hello everyone, recently I ordered 4 birds, 2 canaries and 2 lovebirds from a pet shop in Nottingham. When I received the birds, one of the canaries looked scruffy and had a bald spot on its back. when I asked the owner if this was normal he stated that “it is a baby and will be normal in a week” so I waited a week and I discovered it was sneezing throughout the night. I then decided to check their weight and the scruffy one was only 15 grams while the other was 26 grams. While weighing them I discovered they were covered in blood mites (small bugs that feed on blood) so I contacted him and he said I could return them but I’m unable to drive an hour to his shop so I offered to pay another delivery fee fr him to pick it up but he was ignoring me so I decided to try to treat them and bought many medicines and I cured their mute problem but now all 4 birds are sneezing, I’ve had many birds before and I’ve never had these problems so I asked him if he couldn’t please come pick them up but he kept reading my messages and ignoring me then when I called him he blocked my number so I messaged him on my other number laws showing te sale of an ill animal is prohibited and sent him proof of his false advertising (saying they were “excellent healthy birds”) proof fm their illness and he blocks me again. I feel scammed and according to the law he I is obligated to refund me for the birds and any medical expenses but I don’t know know where to report him or what to do about it. Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated. Thank you 
    • well anyway. as its the same email then and not directed at them to pay no its not correct they have done it under gdpr etc etc.   so regarding the debt. what readings prior to this have you been sending? to prove this billing is correct or not  have regularly sent them before  and is the estimated readings higher than your actual usage. when does the debt First date back too aswell        
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
km101

car clamped on my own premises

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3585 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Team,

On 06/08/2010 i moved into the new property with an allotted car park slot. On 07/08/2010 i gave a call to touchstone agency asking for permit to my car which was agreed in the contract. I made a note on the paper stating that i was waiting for permit and my details are displayed on the dashboard, so that no one clamps my car and i have informed the same to the agency. I made several calls to the agency to follow up regarding permit, even after 10 days i haven’t received the permit and my car was clamped on 16/08/2010. Immediately i informed the same to the touchstone agency and explained regarding my car clamping. The agency said that they are not responsible for that, but It’s the agency responsibility to inform to the clamping authority about my move in date and provide the permit. The Milton court permits are managed by country wide management, when i call them and spoke to them regarding my permit process; they said that no permit was applied on my name before 16th of august. The agency applied the permit the day my car was clamped.

I have appealed by submitting my tenancy agreement within 28 days, but today only I have received a letter saying that

“Having read your correspondence, we understand your concern with the vehicle immobilisation. The vehicle immobilisation was conducted due to a breach in the parking regulations in force at that location.

Your appeal including any evidence that you may have supplied, has been considered against the evidence that our parking enforcement officer has collected. Whilst we understand that there may be extenuating circumstances surrounding the matter, ultimately there has been a failure to follow, in full, all parking regulations in force at that location. Our final decision on this matter is to uphold the original vehicle immobilisation as issued.

Our appeal process is full and final. There is no second level of appeal. Regrettably we are unable to issue further correspondence regarding this matter either directly with you or any third party. We will not review this matter again unless further evidence is provided that clearly shows the full compliance with all parking regulations on the date and time of the vehicle immobilisation. Acceptable evidence should be photographs which correspondence with those collected by our vehicle immobiliser and which clearly demonstrates full compliance with all parking regulations on the date and time of the vehicle immobilisation.

Please give some advice how to further proceed.

Thanks and Regards

Krishna

Only thing you can do in this situation is issue a "Letter Before Action" against both the clamper company and landowner. Give them 7 days to refund in full otherwise you will issue a court claim against them both. After 7 days, use the MCOL system to lodge a claim.

Clamping is a remedy for tresspass, and as you can clearly show you were not tresspassing, they had no right to clamp.

Hi Crem,

Thanks for quick response. please could you guide me what exactly i should mention on 'letter before action' as i am not good enough in wrighting letters.What is tresspassing what does that mean?

Do i need to send the 'letter before action' to landlord or agency, because i got the contract with agency.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Send this:

"Dear Sirs,

I do not accept that you lawfully imobilised my vehicle and charged me a release fee.

Unless you refund to me £x within fourteen days of the date of this letter I shall instigate legal proceedings against you to recover that amount plus such costs charges and interests as the law allows. I shall do this without further reference to you.

Yours faithfully"

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

On 07/08/2010 i gave a call to touchstone agency asking for permit to my car which was agreed in the contract

Have you got the exact wording for this contract? There are a number of people who are in line for legal action against them, so we need to choose the best one really.

If you have a contract with them and they have breached it, causing you financial loss, they are liable.

Have you got the exact wording for this contract? There are a number of people who are in line for legal action against them, so we need to choose the best one really.

If you have a contract with them and they have breached it, causing you financial loss, they are liable.

Agree entirely. If the contract was specific in stating that the agreement included an allotted parking place for which a permit would be issued, then the landlord has breached that contract in failing to provide the permit and should be liable for damages.

The PPC acts on the landlord's instruction and it beggars belief that they haven't done more to put this right!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for the letter format, i have send the 'letter before action' to landlord and the clamping agency. I am waiting for the response.

The landlord agreed to provide the permit before signing the contract itself. As per the agreement only, later i got my car permit which is 3 days after before my car was clamped.

If the landlord was not agreed i wouldn't have got my permit.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Hi crem,

As you said i have send the letter "Letter Before Action" to landlord and the clamping agency, but i haven't got any response from them.

What should i do next?

what is MCOL and how my approach shold be, please could you guide me the process.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

I am not an expert on the MCOL system (Money Claim On-Line) other than knowing that is the way to go with your claim. Others on here are quite familiar with the process and I am sure will chip in with detailed advise shortly.

Edited by crem

Can you explain all the different parties and your relationships with them? Who are Touchstone? Who is the landlord? What agreements have been made with who?

Hi Al27,

Thanks for your response. Let me explain clearly. Touchstone is a letting agency with whom i have signed a contract for 6 months. Landlord is the employee of Touchstone agency and who is responsible for my property maintanence and car permits.

The agreement i had is with the employee of touchstone agency means nothing but agreement with Touchstone Agency.

The agreement was that touchstone agency agreed to provide car permit for my flat.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Hi Al27,

Thanks for your response. Let me explain clearly. Touchstone is a letting agency with whom i have signed a contract for 6 months. Landlord is the employee of Touchstone agency and who is responsible for my property maintanence and car permits.

The agreement i had is with the employee of touchstone agency means nothing but agreement with Touchstone Agency.

The agreement was that touchstone agency agreed to provide car permit for my flat.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

It is still not entirely clear. Presumably, your tenancy agreement is with the landlord not with Touchstone and Touchstone are merely the landlord's agent in this regard. Is this correct?

Hi snowy,

Its not right. My contract agreement with touchstone agency but not with landlord. The touchstone agency is a very big organisation involved with lot of members and they have their offices in diffrent locations. Please advice me what forms need to be filled in orderto appeal to couny court or any other process to appeal.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Hi Experts,

Please give me some advices how to go ahead with my case and what are the forms need to be filled to appeal for county court.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna