kateotter

Parking ticket Premier Parking Solutions - advice?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3420 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I realise that the subject of private tickets is quite well-covered on this forum but I can't find anything that is near enough the same so I'd be really grateful for some advice. I made the mistake of going to Taunton on the day when they were hosting a one-day cricket international - there was absolutely no parking to be found so I drove out of town to a retail park with vast acres of spaces never more than ½ full, parked there and trekked the mile and a half back into town. I was there 2½ hours and found a 'ticket' on my return - all the cars around me had the same. I had looked for a sign but had missed it - quite small, partly covered with branches - as I'd been in a real hurry for an appointment. It was from PPS who get a bad press generally on here. What really got me was the size of the fine, £70 which would rise to £100 after 7 days:x. This seems usurious to me. Should I ignore it as I've seen advised? I'm unsure as I'm clearly not as squeaky clean as others on this forum as I did park there. Many thanks in advance for some good advice.:-)

Why do you say you are not "as squeaky clean as others"?

Did you see and agree to any purported contractual terms when you parked?

Had you seen them, would you have still parked and been happy to pay? Would you have parked elsewhere? Would you have taken the trouble to return earlier?

It's not whether you have or have not been "squeaky clean" but whether the PPC is.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I realise that the subject of private tickets is quite well-covered on this forum but I can't find anything that is near enough the same so I'd be really grateful for some advice.

With all due respect, I can't see anything in your post that looks remotely unique or different from all the other posts on CAG, so the same advise applies

1 ignore

2 ignore some more

3 return to 1

Thank you very much for your replies - I had actually written the cheque and stamped the envelope until I saw the info online. Given what you say I'm going to bite the bullet and ignore them. :|

Best wishes,

Kate

Hi, My son had a parking ticket from PPS end of last year. We have had a few letters and we have not contacted them. Can you tell me whether you ever had to pay? Thank you

Hi. I should have posted this before but no, I never paid thanks to the advice on here:-D. I was also most fortunate in that I didn't get any letters either although, looking through this site, I'm not alone in this. I was however completely determined to ignore them when they came. Best of luck!

Thank you for the advice. I got home today and there was a debt collectors letter stating the original amount due of £130 and if I paid before the 16th March (which is today) then they would discount it to £65. I have ignored this also.

Not so good to ignore them........this will really anoy them so so much that they will send you more letters. and if you ognore them well i wont be able to put into writing what they will do..... but one thing that you will not do is have sleepless nights worrying about these criminals. save the money you would have paid and go on holiday because that is what they would have done if you had paid. Park all you want for free knowing they cant do a thing about it.......they only lowered the fine to encourage you to pay, it was a please please pay us something my dog is going hungry......

Thank you for the advice. I got home today and there was a debt collectors letter stating the original amount due of £130 and if I paid before the 16th March (which is today) then they would discount it to £65. I have ignored this also.

We have all had these debt collector letters. None of us have paid.

All known versions of them are shown on the MSE top thread on their forum here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Can you see your debt collector on there? PPS are not listed separately but most debt collectors are - was it Roxburghe or Debt Recovery Plus or whoever? Just find their letter-chain listed under another PPC and you will know what to expect and ignore next.

Simples!

Just send them a jar/tube of 'swivel lotion' :)