The google street view letters

slyspy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently in discussion with someone at Google regarding these letters being sent out.

What I need is someone prepared to supply one of the letters and pictures (with all personal identification removed from the letter, as if it was being posted on here).

is there anyone out there prepared to supply this

You can have mine but it is not my home and I don't recognise the street. Although it does have my address on the 'threat' sheet. Google may be able to identify if it is one of their images although it does not say 'copyright Google' or anything like that.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Guest Cartaphilus

Not had one, but if I get one, I shall have no difficulties in making it available (minus the pictures, of course) on here. In fact, I am waiting for one of them now to do just that.

Here you go - there were 2 photo sheets in my 'file of personal data', one with no text on. There is some text in the left hand corner of the photos that says 'Report' something but I cannot make it out.

The letter that came with these was pretty threatening too.

As I have said, this is actually not my house and I have no idea where it is.

Big House.jpg

House Edited.jpg

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

some very bad news to report unfortunately

from legal counsel at Google.

This usage wouldn't violate Google policies, so it's unlikely we'd take any action against the company. If the images in question are of residences or individuals the owners are welcome to request their removal through the 'Report a problem' feature

All the more reason for everyone to get onto Google and check if your house is shown. Then tell Google to remove the image. I still believe there is a legal issue here and if Google don't want to do anything themn perhaps its time to call in the Info Comm's Office

If that is the case with Google them it is totally pointless having the following in their terms & conditions of use;

Photographic Imagery

The photographic imagery made available for display through Google Maps is provided under a nonexclusive, non-transferable license for use only by you. You may not use the imagery in any commercial or business environment or for any commercial or business purposes for yourself or any third parties.

You may not copy, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, modify or make derivative works of the imagery, in whole or in part. You also may not rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the imagery or any part thereof or use it in any manner not expressly authorized by this agreement.

By using Google Maps, you do not receive any, and Google and/or its licensors (if any) retain all ownership rights in the imagery. The imagery is copyrighted and may not be copied, even if modified or merged with other data or software.

Perhaps then, Google should be challenged by those whose privacy has been breached, pointing to the above statement in their terms and conditions. If I ever received one I would be straight to the small claims Court against both Google and whoever reproduced the photo and sent it to me!!